Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I should have thought this poll through better
Crimes?
Crimes!
[pounds table]
CRIMES! CRIMES! CRIMES!
shoot visari
View Results

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Ground floor on an already great thread.

May the southern cross protect our sanity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

voting Mission 5A Rolling Thunder

gimme some sherry

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

thetruegentleman posted:

On the bright side, you have an extra mission now, which means more money, and we all know that the tanks do all the actual dirty work in each war. Also, a REAL ace takes down the enemy super weapons when they're at full power, in glorious single combat.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Besides, did you ever really get help in ace combat?

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

4B

how can we possibly get to full anime if we don’t have a fully powered Glepnir?

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Ashsaber posted:

Thank you to anyone who was interested enough in Skies of Incursion to actually read all of that. According to Acepedia there is supposed to be an 'Air Combat Challenge' mission, but I don't know whether it was DLC or if it is unlocked by beating Hard difficulty, either way I am not able to show it.

To the rest of you, no more Xi updates cluttering up the thread from here on out! Yay!

Thank you very much for taking the time to show off the game and its depressing inevitable story

it’s like watching Titanic... even though we all know that the ship sinks, it’s still worth watching to see choice scenes between Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio, the latter of whom has a humorous accent in Blood Diamond but was really good in Shutter Island

wait what are we talking about again

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I hope CJacobs will provide running commentary or insights on Leasath cuisine.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

cue namco announcing Ace Combat Celestial Waltz, a vr based ace combat featuring your favorite strangereal planes and success requires effective voice communication with your teammates

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

stryth posted:

I'm having Lifeline Flashbacks... so much screaming.

:D that was the reference I was making

although you would think that modern vr games would incorporate more voice as a control mechanism seeing as how voice recognition by google/apple/amazon/samsung is getting much better even with accents in play.

EDIT: I didn’t play it myself but I watched an LP here

sb hermit fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Apr 6, 2019

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

nine-gear crow posted:

NobleSixFour’s LP of Assault Horizon fell through after he posted the first update and then disappeared from the internet completely. Like I messaged him on Discord about once a month after he stopped updating and posting here and he never replied to me and has been offline for going on two years now, so I legit don’t even know if he’s even still alive at this point. So that one’s toast.

The other person who volunteered to do* Assault Horizon for me, Makrond, is still around and came through with an entire game’s worth of footage. I’ve got most of it commented on but it’s just a matter of getting it all edited and ready to post. It’s just that Assault Horizon is such a miserable slog in general that I lose my inspiration to work on it really easily.

I’ll probably have the thread for it up once I’ve got the majority of my work on X done and use it as a buffer to get ready for 7.

:patriot:

if you post it, I will watch

sb hermit fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Apr 8, 2019

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

merry x-mas crow, don't forget to reserve some time for yourself and remember: just blame everything on 2020

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

nine-gear crow posted:

Also here, have this really awful picture of Vincent Harling, full-scale, as my Christmas gift to you all

He looks every bit like a Vincent.

And by that, I mean an old Vincent Price without the mustache and also looking nothing like Vincent Price.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Sally posted:

Do A! Then you will be freed up to move on and do other projects, LP or otherwise.

if Sally thinks it's a good idea, then I'm also all for it

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

:f5:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

nine-gear crow posted:

I've already sent out notices to the folks for the re-recordings, so hopefully that's gonna start this week.

:toot:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

nine-gear crow posted:

Videos start going up on Wednesday.

:toot:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Sally posted:

happy belated 2 year anniversary btw!!!

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

killzone definitely has warcrimes

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

The CJacobs helghast rations eating ASMR video

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

A store called Feet where they only sell Gloves

"Or like, even worse, a sexy clown"

should have been followed up with

"again, isn't that Grimes, though?"

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

The classic Genesis game Herzog Zwei is "Command and Conquer, but the mouse pointer is replaced with a jet that turns into a giant robot".

Buildings are already built for each map, but you build vehicles to attack the enemy base and soldiers to occupy buildings. The goal is to destroy the enemy base. It's quite fun and a fond memory of my childhood. As a jet, you can help ferry units around much faster than having them bumble about on their own.

Anyways, that game is what I was reminded about when y'all mentioned city building from a cockpit.

also, donald trump is a complete idiot

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

nine-gear crow posted:

something... different.

killzone asmr bringing you the war crimes tingles

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Dr. Snark posted:

Mission 8A because I'm aware that the playthrough/commentary for The Worst Mission In The Entire Ace Combat Series has already been done but the suffering should be postponed as long as possible.

Gunning down an invading force in their prep stages seems to be the best way to convince front line troops that maybe an invasion is a poor idea.

It's not like the special forces would be a big enough force to take over an entire city

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Danaru is also in the middle of an LP of XCom - Chimera Squad. He's so much better at those games than me despite being drunk as hell

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Materant posted:

Of course, this requires you to subject yourself to the fell energies of Ohio, so probably more of a con than a pro.

Do they likely have skyline chili in Dayton? I've always wanted to try it.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Psion posted:

Yes, there's one fairly close to Wright-Patterson. And even if that one doesn't work out, flight prices probably mean flying into Columbus or Cincinnati and driving, so I'm pretty sure you can get it.

Oh, it's the name of the restaurant, not just the dish. Thanks for pointing it out. There's one near the hotels, too.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I still have two PSPs that might be in good working condition and I've got a strong inclination to pick up this game.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

hey man, if life gives you a hadron collider, might as well build a meson cannon

Lesath scientists were probably developing the precursor to this for a long time and were probably pretty stoked about being able to put it into practice, knowing that they'll be taking Griswall soon.

On the other hand, I guess it makes an "Operation Paperclip" style abduction much easier if the scientists are just sitting in a bunker on an island in your borders or if the technicians are holed up in the Marriott, trying to hatch a plan to get home before they're discovered.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Psion posted:

I think Skyline (the restaurant) is just one place to get skyline (the dish) which should probably be called cincinnati-style chili or something, but brand recognition is a powerful thing. May as well get Skyline Skyline though, right?

i really want some four-ways right now...

Sounds like I know what to order! There's a non-zero chance I'll be able to visit Dayton, so at least there's something to look forward to.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Psion posted:

I've never been to a proper Skyline so keep that in mind, but I've had the dish at another place. In my opinion, the more ways the better, because that means more stuff stacked on it. Place I went to topped out at five-ways. I thought Skyline topped at four but wikipedia misled me compared to their menu!

I do know some people who swear by coney dogs too, so ... I don't think you can go wrong.

anyway uh about that ace combat game

If I ever get to go, and if I remember, I'll try to post a trip report here.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

nine-gear crow posted:

I'm just glad that the game has so far managed to keep the word "Belka" out of it's mouth for its entire runtime, a task virtually unheard of in post-Ace Combat 5 games. This horror of science is 100% home-grown Aurelian, baby! :buddy:

I'm really looking forward to the next act. This is gonna be glorious. :munch:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

No ethical Belkan research under Strangereal

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

reporting on the true story of griswallgate: it's actually ethics in Belkan research

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Imagine a guy who got the stomach flu and needed to sleep in his tent, only to get a missile up his bum

talk about shooting fish in a barrel here

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

:patriot:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Blindsided Sally posted:

So Ace Combat was a Shakespeare all along :thunk:

I've clearly been LPing the wrong series.

Or maybe Shakespere is universal

Shadowfall's plot features poison too!

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

HereticMIND posted:

13A—Alect Squadron

Planes with bullshit superweapons is bad enough. You put verified aces in those planes? Yeah, no. That’s a recipe for a bad time. We can deal with the superweapons easily enough; it won’t be any sort of cakewalk, but we can deal.

:same:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

The fact that the scylla unit has proven themselves to be bigger butthurt bastards than the helghast (of thr killzone franchise) that irradiated their own planet speaks volumes

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Are there anime paint jobs for the planes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

nine-gear crow posted:

I might have to tweak it a tiny bit to make the bacon more visually resolvable because right now it looks like the inside of the goatman's rear end, but still, proof of concept. Anyone else got any similar requests for wacky skins?

full. anime.

idolm@ster if you have to, for the Ace Combat 6 experience