Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I should have thought this poll through better
Crimes?
Crimes!
[pounds table]
CRIMES! CRIMES! CRIMES!
shoot visari
View Results

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

nine-gear crow posted:

I'm just glad that the game has so far managed to keep the word "Belka" out of it's mouth for its entire runtime, a task virtually unheard of in post-Ace Combat 5 games. This horror of science is 100% home-grown Aurelian, baby! :buddy:
No, this cannot be. Clearly, Aurelia had some Belkan scientists take refuge within country. And Gleipnir is based on same ideas as Aigaion. And stealth cloaks are clearly Belkan sorcery! A Wunderwaffe which is not of Belkan origins? Travesty! Belka should sue for IP rights infringement!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

HereticMIND posted:

I personally find the story beat of “all superweapons are Belka’s fault” to be overplayed and utterly pointless. It’s dumb.
I believe, it was meant to mirror taking German research and scientists (sometimes giving them immunity to punishment for their warcrimes) by winning countries after WWII. It makes sense for AC2 and AC4 to attribute some of superweapons to continued and perfected Belkan research. Some attribution is really shaky, like only attributed connection was being developed by Gründer Industries which was called South Belka Munitions Factory before and there were ethnical Belkans working on it. For example, there is nothing pointing to Z.O.E. being based on existing Belkan technology. It makes as much sense attributing it to Belka, as attributing Porsche new supercar to Nazi technology.

You can also see attributing weapons of destruction and linking all incidents to Belka as in-universe OSEAn propaganda. ACX participants had nothing to do with Belka, so they didn't need to link anything to it.

In short, "Everything is Belka fault" is a recurring community joke, which is slightly stale at this point. Because everyone know it is OSEA fault.

HereticMIND posted:

Which is why I like how 7 handled it.
AC7 also had "Protagonist Powers" recognised and researched in-universe, so it has its own share of dumb decisions.

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

I would wait until both pilots and weapons are delivered and then attack. For most epic fight.

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Chaosbrain posted:

And we made it all the way through with no mention of Belka! Hurray!
This is only because imperialistic land-grabbing assholes are afraid to call South Belka by its name and are renaming everything trying to forget the land's true allegiance. This will cost them.

No, seriously, whose idea it was to leave bleeding-edge military tech developer without proper supervision? Trice! I have serious questions about Osea goverment competency.

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

nine-gear crow posted:

Everyone lived happily ever after except for the bad guy and there were no war crimes or civilian casualties
That what you get for not taking notes from Belka. Leave warcrimes to experts and those who fight against them.

Though you should say, it wasn't for the lack of trying. 3 cities were on the brink of complete destruction (by shockwave burst, poison gas and ballistic missiles) if not for that meddling pilot.