Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

The Hunt For Red Mok'bara
(Sars, Squidget, Zeond, mateo360) Heading into the end game now- our crew conducts a stealth mission to learn the reason behind the Klingon presence in the Trench.

--

I'm two episodes behind on posting- we've actually got the last two of this campaign wrapped up, but we do still plan to do the TNG expansion afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Captain's Battlejuice
(Sars, Squidget, Zeond, mateo360) In our last episode we discovered... Klingons! Up to no good! Now with the knowledge of their perfidy secured in our brainmeats, the ship and crew must escape a series of patrols that appear in increasingly unlikely positions. Will the ship make it out with more than 10% hull this time? Will the crew ever get to use their margarita machine? The answers to these questions and more in this penultimate episode of Let's Play Bridge Crew!

Zeond
Oct 16, 2008

Please give generously to The League for Fighting Chartered Accountancy, 55 Lincoln House, Basil Street, London, SW3.

Sarsapariller posted:

Captain's Battlejuice
(Sars, Squidget, Zeond, mateo360) In our last episode we discovered... Klingons! Up to no good! Now with the knowledge of their perfidy secured in our brainmeats, the ship and crew must escape a series of patrols that appear in increasingly unlikely positions. Will the ship make it out with more than 10% hull this time? Will the crew ever get to use their margarita machine? The answers to these questions and more in this penultimate episode of Let's Play Bridge Crew!

We barely survived that one and it was pretty fun and tense even though my job was mostly sending repair teams and supporting Squidget on tactical.

This mission does, however, show one of the most frustrating aspects of the game's mission design. Instead of having enemy patrols fly search patterns or guard locations, the game may simply spawn a fresh enemy right on your path, or even right on top of you, forcing you into a fight you're not prepared for. This happens often in in the random missions and it quickly becomes quite annoying.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Zeond posted:

We barely survived that one and it was pretty fun and tense even though my job was mostly sending repair teams and supporting Squidget on tactical.

This mission does, however, show one of the most frustrating aspects of the game's mission design. Instead of having enemy patrols fly search patterns or guard locations, the game may simply spawn a fresh enemy right on your path, or even right on top of you, forcing you into a fight you're not prepared for. This happens often in in the random missions and it quickly becomes quite annoying.

Yeah to be honest I've been a bit annoyed by the encounter design throughout the game. I feel like the tendency of Klingons to just "Uncloak" in front of you, in weapons range, with shields fully operational is borderline bullshit. The fun of the game definitely does not stem from the great combat mechanics.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Let That Be Your Last Battlefield
(Sars, Squidget, Zeond, mateo360) In our last episode the ship barely escaped a pursuing Klingon armada. Now the tables have turned, and our intrepid crew rides into battle, bridge puppies and margaritas in tow. Join us once more, for this final campaign episode of Let's Play Bridge Crew!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

So there you have it! That is a wrap on the original campaign. I do plan to record some episodes of the TNG dlc and bridge, in the near future, but this LP is pretty much in the bag. I know this was a bit amateurish as a first time effort- thank you all for watching along and for bearing with me as I learned in real time how to record and edit a Let's Play. Thank you very much to everyone who jumped in to do an episode or two of this, as well- this game lives or dies on the crew, and you were the very best in the fleet.

Next up I am probably going to try to LP a bit of Orbus VR, as soon as it comes back up. I think it's largely going to be a solo recording, just so I can chop and screw it a lot more to get the interesting bits packed in. But given that it is an MMO I'm sure there'll be opportunities to get together! Stay tuned for that in the very near future.

Let's Play: Bridge Crew VR!

Sarsapariller fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Apr 21, 2019