Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

There is definitely some evil being spoken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
All these games are poop. When do the good games start?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Oscar Wild posted:

All these games are poop. When do the good games start?

July

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/ethanmacfie/status/1104505622110789632?s=19

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Can this get any whiter?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

gently caress Cascadia.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Y’all just mad that your SGs don’t have pet scarves

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

I try to not hate the Portland fans quite as much because at least they showed up when their team was in a league other than MLS, but they certainly do like to make up for it in other ways.

Although my favorite Cascadia soccer fan in the wild moment still involves seeing the dude the Sounders scarf with the fedora festooned in My Little Pony buttons playing with a kids' exhibit at a museum in Seattle.

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Mar 10, 2019

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs

the escape goat posted:

Y’all just mad that your SGs don’t have pet scarves

Dog scarves are good. Chicken scarves cross the line.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Crazy Ted posted:

I try to not hate the Portland fans quite as much because at least they showed up when their team was in a league other than MLS, but they certainly do like to make up for it in other ways.

Although my favorite Cascadia soccer fan in the wild moment still involves seeing the dude the Sounders scarf with the fedora festooned in My Little Pony buttons playing with a kids' exhibit at a museum in Seattle.

Don't dox me please

Anyway the Sounders appear to be Good. Baldomero Toledo, who remains Very Bad, is still employed for some reason. Puzzling.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Another entry into Cascadia.txt

https://twitter.com/mattpentz/status/1104600184099500032

Oh no not enough people flew a thousand miles to watch their lovely hometown soccer team play a game that they knew was more than likely going to end in a loss.

Oh BTW this is the same who just released a book in the last week titled The Sound and the Glory: How the Seattle Sounders Showed Major League Soccer How to Win Over America

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Even one motherfucker with a drum takin a trip is the best motherfucker, gently caress size shaming

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Matt Pentz sucks.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Nice to see the replies are all dunking on him.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

highme posted:

Matt Pentz sucks.

He sometimes has some good reporting, but he has definitely jumped on the Sounder at Heart fart huffing train recently.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

cool, now add Miami

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Yankee Stadium is the correct dimensions for a soccer field, and i enjoy the gently caress out of it. Joint has atmosphere. Felt like RFK only not rusted.

Best road trip. Go on road trips.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Yankee Stadium is the correct dimensions for a soccer field, and i enjoy the gently caress out of it. Joint has atmosphere. Felt like RFK only not rusted.

Best road trip. Go on road trips.

NYCFC's owners are worth a trillion dollars. Maybe they should build their club a stadium instead of having them play on a baseball infield like a U-12 boys team recreation tournament or the Oakland Raiders.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Shrapnig posted:

NYCFC's owners are worth a trillion dollars. Maybe they should build their club a stadium instead of having them play on a baseball infield like a U-12 boys team recreation tournament or the Oakland Raiders.

You don’t understand, I love poo poo house stadiums

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Your Boy Fancy posted:

You don’t understand, I love poo poo house stadiums

As someone who went to dozens of games, and played on the surface of Giants Stadium multiple times, you're right.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Shrapnig posted:

It’s not like they haven’t been trying

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

trem_two posted:

cool, now add Miami

Do you start at 2013, or 2007?

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Best stadium I ever went to is Pittsburgh, which is just a set of bleachers on one side and the loving Allegheny on the other. You’re hanging out, watching a match on grass, and everyone is just lining the field around, and then a loving tugboat goes by

Never mind amazing SSS’s, give me dumb pitches built into hillsides and poo poo

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Best stadium I ever went to is Pittsburgh, which is just a set of bleachers on one side and the loving Allegheny on the other. You’re hanging out, watching a match on grass, and everyone is just lining the field around, and then a loving tugboat goes by

This is what Philly was trying to do with their stadium but just totally hosed up every single step of the process.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Your Boy Fancy posted:

No raccoons tho.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

My local USL team plays in a minor league baseball stadium in the middle of downtown. If you don’t want to buy a ticket you can just stand on the sidewalk and watch through the fence.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Starfire is honestly really fun and the away section is just a beer garden on a steep grass hill.
I mean it in all sincerity when I say I wish more matches were played there.

Also-

https://twitter.com/iflyzi/status/1104898550335340544?s=21

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
turns out a tricked out shiny new stadium isn’t so great if there’s 70,000 people booing you :jerry:

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Weedle posted:

My local USL team plays in a minor league baseball stadium in the middle of downtown. If you don’t want to buy a ticket you can just stand on the sidewalk and watch through the fence.

Could you be more specific? :unsmith:

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Do over Ham posted:

Could you be more specific? :unsmith:

Tulsa. Don’t dox me.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Weedle posted:

Tulsa. Don’t dox me.

Just noting that your description applies to more than one USL team - could be used to describe the Tampa Bay Rowdies location at Al Lang Stadium in St. Pete for example. I would not be surprised if there are other similar setups in USL but am too lazy to look up USL stadiums atm.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Do over Ham posted:

No raccoons tho.

DCs racoons would win Champions league.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm so excited for this season already. FC Dallas as always is primed and ready to:

1)Play okay to good for the first half of the season

2)Play .500 soccer for the next quarter after that

3)Piss down its leg to the finish line

Bonus objectives will be fitting in "trading away your good starters" and "trying to convince fans your museum is worth seeing"

It's gonna be electric, y'all.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Deleted. What was it?

Shinjobi posted:

I'm so excited for this season already. FC Dallas as always is primed and ready to:

If a team falls in Frisco and nobody is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Seriously, is that team ever going to move in from Frisco, because trying to get out there must feel like driving to Oklahoma.

shirts and skins fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Mar 11, 2019

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

shirts and skins posted:

Seriously, is that team ever going to move in from Frisco, because trying to get out there must feel like driving to Oklahoma.

No, they've doubled down on Frisco by building the National Soccer Hall of Fame into the stadium.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Philly is still bad

yay

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://mobile.twitter.com/ChrisBils/status/1105069320692998144

Well, it was fun while it lasted.

e: Actually, the games will still be on WSTR if you live in Cincinnati proper.

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Mar 11, 2019

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

shirts and skins posted:

Deleted. What was it?

An Atlanta dude burning a De Boer kit while saying "this club has no identity whatsoever!"

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

the escape goat posted:

An Atlanta dude burning a De Boer kit while saying "this club has no identity whatsoever!"

That's me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

I can't stop doing big lols at Atlanta