Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.
The prequel to this game is getting a remake with enhanced graphics in Japan this year, so there's a possibility of an English release of that too. I don't know how its plot compares to this one, though, except that it has a different cast of characters but a similar setting.

Poil posted:

Oh, this game. I picked it up on a steam sale and enjoyed it enough to play through all the routes. With a walkthrough. Because holy poo poo I cannot understand how anyone can stand the stupid guesswork typical of these games with the options where the outcomes of the choices might as well have been decided randomly.

Looking forward to seeing how this unfolds, I've forgotten a ton of detail. Good luck crazy goon. :patriot:

I personally think there's a fairly straightforward underlying logic to the endings in this game; remind me to talk about it once the thread has seen them all. (Or I can PM you, if you want.)

Thuryl fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Mar 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

Gaearin posted:

More accurately, her words ("Uso da yo.") mean "It's a lie." Itsuki's official profile on the website even states that her catchphrase is "It's a lie." Therefore, I have no idea why they changed it here. Maybe they thought it sounded more mysterious like this.

Probably because "uso" in Japanese has somewhat different connotations from English "lie"; a lie is something said deliberately to mislead, while "uso" can cover both intentional and unintentional false information, as well as situations like saying something obviously false as a joke without intending to be believed. Basically, "uso" doesn't necessarily carry an accusation of dishonesty in the same way that "lie" does. And as you say, it's Itsuki's catchphrase that's used in various different situations, so whatever wording is used to translate it has to make sense in context in all of them.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

Gaearin posted:

Yeah, I'm aware of that. It's just that it's not much of a "catchphrase" if it gets translated differently every time. That's my main point there.

Oh, I actually forgot that it was translated differently at different places in the game instead of consistently being "It's not what it seems" every time. It's always gonna be difficult to translate that sort of thing, though, when it's a phrase that a character uses a lot and can have various different meanings.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

The prequel to this game is officially out in English now, by the way. As far as I know, the plots of the two games aren't so closely connected that one would spoil the other, since they share the same setting but a different cast of characters.