Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Well then the whole chest bursting part but it can't be THAT bad right?

It’s probably just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

i always figured the death star stormtroopers were either new or had been on the station so long they forgot how to shoot. the sandtroopers on tatooine probably had a lot of experience shooting poo poo up.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Splicer posted:

I mean there is the scene in the cemetery in P2 where a kid offers the stealthed Predator some candy. They don't really become friends though.

i’m willing to follow her train of thought that the predator and the kid became friends over their shared love of candy. how often have predators been shown such hospitality on earth?

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

i was thinking earlier how loving hard the original trailer for alien goes. my interest in the alien films comes from when i went to disney world a few times as a kid and the great movie ride would play trailers on a screen while you waited in line and the alien trailer was one of them. it’s probably one of the best trailers ever made.

https://youtu.be/4v4Kn0J6E-I

and for anyone who never got a chance to see it, this is the alien part of the ride. it was extremely well done and legitimately scary. at least as a kid.

https://youtu.be/4Hf0RcjRHyo

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

happyhippy posted:

Ah, just realized the trailer uses the distress call that was in a deleted scene here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvUbqY1S-QQ

parker saying “i wanna go home and party” is great

Space Jam fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Mar 3, 2023

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Crosspost from the other Alien thread

Space Jam posted:

Gauging interest here. I’ve been thinking about hosting an AvP 2 multiplayer night. If you don’t have the game I could provide it… perfectly legally. I should still have both install discs in storage. Yay or Nay?

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

IIRC from the special features, the egg placenta was the intestinal lining of a sheep that was pulled down by a guy under the egg. The rest were organs, so if you really wanted to you could cook the egg and eat the inside.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

IIRC the USCM Technical Manual has them quelling colony rebellions and killing space communists.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Gorman panicking and his “Ripley what the hell are you DOING” when she decides to take over the APC is so well delivered it’s one of my favorite character moments in the movie.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

River of Pain has some good parts at the beginning of the infestation where a few drones are causing chaos. It’s pretty much a nightmare scenario.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Xenomrph posted:

If making Aliens movies culminates in a faithful adaptation of Aliens: Labyrinth, then I say make as many Aliens movies as we need to for that to happen.

sadly it never will, the level of practical effect body horror needed to pull it off died. i wish it didn’t.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

this made me laugh

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

teaser looks decent so far, hopefully we’ll get a full trailer by alien day

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Sentinel Red posted:

Same. I feel like the film came out at the height of all that Reddit atheist/tech bro worship nonsense though, where all these smug fucks are going around high on their own farts and 100% convinced in the power of their science and logic, that no mighty brained Great Man of Science could possible panic or not take optimal action in every conceivable situation. The years since then have largely destroyed that myth.

the peter weyland ted talk promotional video for prometheus aged like milk lol. are ted talks still a thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4SSU29Arj0

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

found this video of a reporter interviewing parents who took their kids to see Alien and it made me laugh. for the record my parents let me watch alien on vhs when i was 10 and i thought it was the coolest poo poo i had ever seen.

https://youtu.be/_zrxkUxAcsI?si=eWK4rH0a-69QgrTk

the guy who’s like “yep i brought him he needs to know this could actually happen” lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

i don’t think cameron was even thinking about a sequel at that point. the egg sound in the credits was probably the studio wanting to put a “james bond will return” in there.