Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

EUGENE? Where's my fuckin' money, Eugene?
What's the canon explanation for the tiny facehuggers that infect praying mantises?

Sorry, I'm just here thinking about Aliens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

Thinking about aliens (one-handed)

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

So I just finished the short story book "Bug Hunt ". Skipped over a few chapters because the writing was pretty bad but overall it was a good book. The story from the alien's perspective was pretty goofy and fun.

It sounds like a one-off idea but is there anything else from the Alien's POV?

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

Just finished the Aliens: Phalanx novel and it definitely satisfied the burning question of "who would win: Aliens vs Dungeons and Dragons?". I really recommend it.

Any other suggestions for quirky, different Aliens books?

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

So, I was thinking about Aliens again now that my wife is off to visit the in-laws for a few days. Instead of digging out my old collectors edition box set and DVD player, I checked and saw the whole series was on Hulu. Does anyone know what version of the films they're using? I did a Google but couldn't find it.

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

Fatrick posted:

If it's anything like the Disney+ ones I can watch, they're all the standard theatrical cuts.

So that's the no-sentry-gun-scene version? Sorry, I love the pew-pews.

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

https://movieweb.com/alien-romulus-practical-effects-cgi-director-fede-alvarez-comments/

Looks like Mr. Alvarez is leaning towards practical effects, puppets, and animatronics. Went so far as to bring back the Aliens puppeteers from early movies and helping the old dudes work the puppets during shooting. Good news id say

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

Has anyone read the "Aliens: What If?" comics where Burke survives the events of Aliens? I want to but I'm just thinking it'll have a stupid twist that it's just him hallucinating while he's cocooned.

Azubah posted:

I've read the current issues, so far not that bad. No dream stuff.

It's still going to end poorly for Burke though lol

Sounds promising! How many issues will there be?

Dirt5o8 fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Apr 26, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

The Sulaco was absolutely INFESTED with Bishop androids. Every time a Marine walked into a room there was a bishop crawling into the pipes, playing the knife game, or offering cornbread with a goofy grin. Burke just pre-programmed them to stick random alien poo poo to bulkheads when the dropship came back. Botta bing, botta boom, Alien 3!