Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

After James Remar got fired, Michael Biehn’s agent called to ask if he had a passport, then he was on his way to England.

I hadn’t seen the deleted scene before of the colony pre-disaster. Agreed it was good to cut for pacing, but cool to see how the place was run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

The Aliens tabletop game is infamous for having a ridiculous amount of calculations for a simple rifle shot. Zack Parsons wrote up an enjoyable adventure where Hudson and crew battle a wizard: http://www.thebadguyswin.com/2017/03/aliens-adventure-game-1991-the-hunt-for-elminster/

When I first watched I had no idea Paul Reiser was going to be evil. When he turns off the camera feed, so great

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

I saw Prometheus without watching the trailer and thought it was ok. Covenant was utter garbage.

Agreed it is cool when Blade Runner and Isolation take the effort to replicate tech and the timeline. That bugs me about Star Trek Discovery, their monitors and equipment is better than on DS9.

The podcast I Was There Too has a fantastic two part interview with Jenette Goldstein. I think one part is available for free and the second is behind an Earwolf paywall, but worth it. So much Aliens info!

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Mister Speaker posted:

I saw both Alien and Aliens in large-format at the Toronto Cinesphere a few months back, and the audience was animated as gently caress, hollering after "get away from her you bitch!" and a handful of people were reciting Hudson's lines as they happened.

The best moment of audience reaction I've experienced in a theatre though, was for The Matrix: Reloaded on opening night. Remember that cliffhanger ending right before RATM kicks in and the credits roll? Imagine a theatre packed with 300 nerds, many in hilarious cosplay, simultaneously groaning and yelling in something between anger and appreciation. It was palpable.

Good audience reactions have been making a comeback. A Quiet Place, Get Out, and 10 Cloverfield Lane all benefitted from having a great crowd.