Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009
If Sigourney got topless it would have been the greatest movie ever.

Bill Paxton was an angel living among us. RIP

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009

Drunken Baker posted:

My little sister and her fiance are 33 and her fiance hasn't seen Aliens or Predator and I don't approve of their upcoming marriage one bit.

That would make a manly bachelor party. Strippers and Aliens and Predator. Maybe the manliest. Unless he hasn’t seen The Thing yet either. Then it’s no question.

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009
Alien 3 is good.

What the hell is people’s problems with it?

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009

But why?

The immediate dismissal of Newt and Hicks was unfortunate, but if you can get past that, it’s a good film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009

skasion posted:

The basic appeal of Aliens is that it’s a movie about Ripley, an average working stiff who nobody really respects, getting sneered at by bad rear end marines two hours before they all get wrecked, and then she suits up and kicks every alien’s rear end. She wins the respect of Manly Man Hicks, spits in the eye of evil megacorporation, and protects a surrogate daughter like she never could protect her own. It’s a story of an underdog getting empowered and kicking her enemies to the curb, and that’s the key to why people like the movie.

Alien 3 decides it doesn’t want to do that. Killing off Hicks and Newt is just a symptom of how it basically resets her from having morphed into a kickass action hero, to being an average working stiff like in the first movie/start of the second again. It’s a story about a woman deciding her life is basically irrevocably hosed, evil is inside her, and she must destroy herself. It’s not an indefensible choice and like I’ve said, I think Alien 3 is an ok movie despite having serious problems, but it’s not satisfying as a follow-up to Aliens.

Exaggeration. Forbidden World and maybe Galaxy of Terror are the only two I can think of that are even close.

I get that it’s certainly not as good as 1 or 2, but there is so much venom behind what most people say about it. You’re calmer and more rational than most.