Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Tell us more about the missing scenes, OP! Why did they go there in the first place?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Glenn Quebec posted:

People controlling or hanging around the Aliens was always super lame. They should be unbridled hate and rage, unrepentant and brutal.

Yeah I mean the main antagonist being a corporation who wants to somehow harness the power of the alien as a weapon is kind of strange if you really focus on it. Like, of course their hubris in trying to control the uncontrollable gets their representatives killed but also causes a lot of havoc for innocent people to make sure we know they're evil.

But how could you monetize the alien? Or is the idea that if Yutani had actual control over them, they could just nakedly obtain power and sic a xenomorph on anyone who got in the way?

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist
So like what did Prometheus contribute to the lore of Aliens? I only saw it once a long time ago.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Can someone work the Pepsi commercial into the lore so it's canon?

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Are all the comics Dark Horse and are they compiled somewhere?

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Young Freud posted:

Goddamn, I've got to see the Aragones, Mike Allred and Tony Millionaire versions.

Seconding this and I need to see Bagge's take as well!

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Doesn't RoboCop get sort of lumped in with Alien and Predator and Terminator? I think they're all sort of connected in the Dark Horse comics.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I haven't seen them recently enough but would love this thread's take on the RoboCop trilogy. I had a RoboCop vs the Terminator comic by Frank Miller I think as a kid and it was really awesome.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

gently caress yes, bookmarked!

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I liked Annihilation quite a bit. The ending was deeply weird and unsettling, the creature's motivations unclear and alien. I didn't have any complaint about the special effects, either, the creatures they made were really cool.

I was sold on it as having a kind of Stalker premise, but it provides a lot more thrill/horror than that film.

I read the book after watching the movie and thought the movie was better, but it was very different so kind of hard to directly compare. But I'd recommend the movie over the book for sure.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Who is the short human with a predator mask on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Is the Dead Orbit comic good? A coworker lent it to me and the art looks cool but I haven't started it yet.