Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Aliens was my favorite movie as a kid and I think it still might be my favorite movie today.

One time I stepped on an alien action figure and it pierced halfway through my foot. Just as deadly in inanimate plastic form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Oh c'mon man, you can't just open rabbit holes in front of people.

I can't speak for the Aliens version, but SS13 is super unique and cool if you can stomach the awful visuals, lag, and controls not fit for human use. There's nothing else like it.

On Goonstation sometimes you get someone playing the role of the alien from The Thing and it owns. 8/10 would get devoured by a horrible space monster inside of a vent again.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Probating someone with a sick fury road gif is a blessing upon their rap sheet.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Just watched this again thanks to the thread. Can confirm it still owns. I really disliked the scene with Newt's family though, which I've only ever seen once before and didn't really remember. Even aside from the pacing issues and spoiling the mystery, it just wasn't a very good scene. Newt's screaming felt pretty fake throughout the entire movie but it was at its worst here.

Ka0 posted:

Gorman is awful. Here, the mission will have you guys run through the atmospheric processor, wherein all pulse weaponry will have to be switched to flame units. He could've gone through this in the pre mission briefing but as people have mentioned, his inexperience and lack of command skills were detrimental to the overall mission. Not like it would've helped any.

At least he went out going back to save Vasquez. Didn't succeed, but it's the thought that counts. Redeemed himself just the same as Hudson.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

jet sanchEz posted:

I was 8 years old when I first saw Alien....I was at a friend's birthday sleepover and that was the movie the parents chose for us. We were all pretty scared after the pasta eating scene and I didn't sleep well at all.

Great film but not appropriate for kids that young, why the gently caress didn't they choose Star Wars or something?

I saw Alien at 7 or 8 and loved it. Getting freaked the gently caress out by horror movies as a kid is the best. I wish they could still scare me like that.

Xenomrph posted:

The 90s were a magical time, when companies like Kenner were making children’s toys based on hard-R action movies.

I got my first Aliens toy at age 9, and it’s been downhill from there ever since. The first one I got was the Snake Alien, chosen specifically because my mom is afraid of snakes.

I had that one, and all of the other ones. They owned. My favorite was the one that exploded into guts and body parts when you pressed the button on its butt.

Vargs fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Mar 26, 2019