Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Why did those dumbass marines initially discount Vasquez's theory of dropping in seven cans of CN20 and nerve gassing the nest? Obviously they had no way of knowing if it would work but it seems a better idea than welding yourself into a lab and waiting 27 days for rescue that may also be wiped out.

I've gone back and watched all Alien films since this thread opened and there's literally only two good ones. Alien and Aliens. 3 is a personal favourite and could have been so much more, but it's several levels below the original two.

Aliens might be an example of the perfect film - I can't find a single flaw in it. Narratively or functionally. Just amazing storytelling.

Edit: ok Newt's line delivery isn't great but her acting is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Bishop saying he prefers the term Artificial Person over the term Synthetic. Later in the film when he has to crawl through the pipe, he calls himself a Synthetic. Is this some clever jibe at racism? Like Bishop says "don't worry about me boss, I'm only a Synthetic!"

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
The Queen still rips him in half. She might recognise he's no good for reproduction but he's clearly still a predator/prey.

I agree on your first point though, Bishop has this sad resignation that he's the only person qualified to "pilot the ship from autopilot anyway".

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I've just bought a mega drive classic compilation for the PS4. First game I put on was my old favourite Streets of Rage II. I completely forgot there's a level where you have to fight your way through a Xenomorph hive complete with exploding Face Hugger eggs.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Is Alien better than The Thing?

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Speculation:

The Space Station is filled with the embryos/hugger eggs that were on the Covenant. Or David experimented on the Covenant crew and the alien has reached it's permanent natural life cycle - there must now be a Queen laying eggs somewhere.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
How does Damon Lindelof keep getting work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
How long does an adult Xenomorph live for? Weeks?