Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

VikingSkull posted:

Colette Hiller as Corporal Ferro, the dropship pilot, is probably the best character of all the Marines and no one remembers her

we're in the pipe, 5 by 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vESxCZe0HA

So poorly remembered that they only based an entire Starcraft unit around her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Ginette Reno posted:

Yeah mystery is good. The more you explain something, the less scary it is. I'd rather speculate on whether the Alien is a bioweapon or a natural organism. Fun to imagine.

And that goes double for the Derelict. I re-watched the first movie the other day and honestly the best part of the film in some ways was the utter creepiness of them exploring the shipwreck, finding this massive creepy corpse, and then the eggs.
The atmosphere of it is amazing, the sense of threatening mystery, like no humans had ever been around any of this at all, the unknown the unknown the unknown...

lol at WELL ACTUALLY ALL OF THIS HAS A RATHER NICE EXPLANATION

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

504 posted:

The dog in the famous painting got killed and eaten by people it rescued. Boned.

Urban legend my man.
They have his preserved body.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Tolkien minority posted:

I like alien and aliens 3 better aliens is too James Cameron blockbuster extravaganza not my thing (Terminator is also better than Terminator 2)

Alien 3 better than Aliens is heresy.

But yeah actually I totally agree about the Terminators.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

SilvergunSuperman posted:

It'd be a lot cooler if it was an original idea and not just ripped off from a bob's burgers episode.

someone take this post and put the text over a picture of the simpsons comic book guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Beet Wagon posted:

I just wanna point out that technically I’m Bob’s Burgers they don’t do a stage version of Alien - it was Aliens (and also they never actually do the play)
:goonsay:

Wow that somehow makes that dude's post even stupider than it already was!