Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peyote Panda
Mar 10, 2019

Xenomrph posted:

Evidently I was thinking about Aliens last night because I had an extended dream that featured Aliens merchandise that does not exist.

Like one was an Alien bust (this particular one was a yellow variant with light blue highlights for some reason) and you poured slime into the back of its head and then you pushed a button and it forced the slime out of the Alien’s mouth
Never thought about it before but now I'm kinda surprised no one ever did a little decorative recirculating fountain that has the Alien drooling down a chain onto Brett's face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peyote Panda
Mar 10, 2019

Azubah posted:

It would be really funny if the xenomorphs were just giant cats and if the humans just treated them like cats they wouldn't get murdered so easily.

I know everything in the movies says otherwise.
Not necessarily. As soon as Ripley let the Alien out of the shuttle, it wanted to go right back in.

Peyote Panda
Mar 10, 2019

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Shaw believes that the aliens are the gods responsible for creating life on Earth, but a big part of her arc is to realize “we were wrong! We were so, so wrong!”
One of the things I came to appreciate more in a recent rewatch of Prometheus is how hilariously optimistic the expectations of Shaw, Holloway, and Weyland are regarding the Engineers in the context of their treatment of David. They eagerly assume they will be enlightened and blessed by their presumed creators in various ways, even though as the creators themselves of David (albeit metaphorically except for Weyland) they are at best dismissive of their creation and often treat him with outright contempt.

Peyote Panda
Mar 10, 2019

Doctor Zero posted:

Alien: The Nostromo finds the distress beacon of the derelict which crashed on Acheron almost 200,000 years before. It's carrying a full load of natural Xenomorphs for inscrutable reasons, but ultimately with hubris thinking they have control and can use them "safely."
I've enjoyed speculating over the years about how the Space Jockies' purpose in collecting Xenomorphs was completely at odds with humanity's. Maybe they were pets or livestock, maybe the eggs and/facehuggers were a culinary delicacy and the Acheron derelict was the final resting place of a farm-to-table operation that met an unfortunate end.

Peyote Panda
Mar 10, 2019

Xenomrph posted:

It’s been a minute since I watched Prometheus, how is Shaw dismissive of him? Like, he saves her life during the sandstorm.
She's nowhere near the other two and is generally polite to David, but even Shaw has moments such as responding to David's question about why she wants to understand the Engineers' motivations by saying he wouldn't understand because he's a robot and she's a human.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peyote Panda
Mar 10, 2019

Awesome! Now we need an Alien film from the xenomorphs' perspective where Ripley is petting Jonesy while telling a Praetorian xeno about her evil plan to destroy their hive ala Blofeld.