Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

BattleMaster posted:

edit: Ridley Scott is just executive producer but I blame him for the prequelitis. Please stop trying to make prequels, Aliens and those two games show that sequels work perfectly well without retroactively making the whole setup of the first movie make no sense

I wonder why prequelitis is such a thing in the big scifi franchises. I guess nobody wanted to tell the story of cloned Ripley coming to earth with Winona Droider. Is it like assumed that there are no xenos left after that and we've had all these prequels so we can have David's reinvented xenos come back with a new bag of tricks?

Predators at least was a move forward in the storyline. But then we go backwards with Prey, which was quite good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

I meant that the storyline didn't develop after Ripley and Winona Droider to a wrecked earf.

At this point its so many years on, and getting those two actors together for another movie would be a lot to ask, they could go off on all sorts of different stuff, off world. And tell other stories and just have maybe a cameo of them being all old on earf getting a comm link going to whatever the main story is.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

I feel bad for the engineers in Covenant.

They conquered this part of the galaxy and seeded life on various planets and eventually they were down to that last planet where they gave up their space aspirations and just grew wheat and hung out in that one city.

Then some crazy robot dumps their equivalent of all of the ancient nuclear waste on them from a previous forgotten era and wrecks the planet.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

Could a facehugger lay an egg in a T-800?

Would the alien be like a mechaxeno? Or would it be like a normal xeno with a fleshy skin sack covering on top of it?