Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

A Strange Aeon posted:

Can someone help be figure out what I need to buy if I want to own everything related to Megg, Mogg and Owl that's published right now?

I got Megahex and One More Year from the library, and there's a "Megg's Coven" book advertised in there, but I can't find that on Amazon. There's some really expensive paperbacks--but I don't know if those are included in one of the other editions or what.

I really enjoyed them so I want to buy those two, but I don't really know what else to get. I see Megg and Mogg in Amsterdam and Bad Gateway--but then also a bunch of other ones, like Happy loving Birthday, Special K, Life Zone, Worst Behavior, Magical Ecstasy Trip, Maximal Spleen...are all of these unique content or are some of those already compiled in a different version with a different title? Like, I remember reading about Owl's birthday in one of the ones from the library--is Happy loving Birthday something else?

I have vague memories of Amsterdam containing Owls birthday. I think Amsterdam is part of the same comprehensive collection series that you have the first two books of. Not familiar with bad gateway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

A Strange Aeon posted:

Yeah, it's kind of annoying trying to track the stuff down and I feel it shouldn't be. All it would take is some little blurb saying that the present work contains work x, work y, and work z in their entirety along with new work or whatever.

I don't recall any actual visit to Amsterdam in the two I read, so it's like if the Amsterdam book contains stuff I've already read in a different book but also other new stuff too, that's really annoying.

The only books on Fantagraphics's site are Bad Gateway, Megahex, One More Year, and Amsterdam, along with two mini ones called Minihex and Inessential Garbage. So I have no idea where all those other books on Amazon fit in.

Megahex, One More Year, and Amsterdam do not overlap.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

They're obviously flawed because I don't play any music at parties and am too old to remember doing any book reports of any kind.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Does anyone's comic shop have the Mister Miracle hardcover? It came out in May, but I called ten local shops, and none of them ever got it. I've even been to two conventions this summer, and nobody was selling it.

It would be an August birthday gift for my best friend. I have the TPB and loved it (and got Tom King and Mitch Gerads to sign it while he stood by), but he only collects hardcovers, so he still hasn't even read it. If anyone could hook me up, I'd be grateful, and I'll pay you immediately via Paypal.

I got mine through instocktrades and they sent me an email after it released saying it would be a short delay before I'd get it and said I could cancel that part of my order without losing free shipping. I think it was very limited and only to comic shops. I can check my LCS to see if they have it but I'd doubt it.

edit: ebay already has it for $50+

Zachack fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jul 11, 2019

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

What's LCSD?

We're talking about the black "Darksied Is" cover with MM pushing up a corner?

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

luxury handset posted:

anyone reading the new (lol) chris ware book?

Do you mean Rusty Brown? I ordered the new book but I'm pretty sure I have all the Acme books where it comes from.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

I don't recall Quimby the Mouse being depressing, although it's been a long time since I read it, and the layout madness goes into overdrive as it sorta... reflects(?) Crazy & Ignatz, or possibly Kim Dietch.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Is it controversial to say that except for a brief Roger Stern run in the mid-'80s, I never liked any Avengers comics until Bendis started New Avengers in 2004?

Not even the old Lee stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

A Strange Aeon posted:

Anyone who likes Campbell's art or at least finds it tolerable should check out The Years Have Pants, a collection of his basically autobiographical Alec comics. He's actually a super good writer and covers lots of interesting topics, including numerous encounters with Moore and Gaiman.

If that one is too much of a commitment, at least read After the Snooter which is included in Years but is pretty accessible on its own.

I have that and keep meaning to try again but the beginning always bounced me off, although now that I've read Puma Blues I think I've built a temporary tolerance to navel gazing.

Another option would be Bacchus which is now collected in two big books.