Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
A new thread for every post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
This'll just be a uhhh short quarter

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Why not just open a new thread in may and keep it on schedule, its not like we dont all understand whats going on since we moved to the new system halfway through first quarter

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Write every post like it's a reader's first foray into the forums

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Line wide post secret wars rebranding

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Only if you quote 150% of unrelated posts tho

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Skwirl posted:

Did someone ask for Honeybadger cosplay? Doesn't matter, you're getting some anyways.

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/status/993904757675708416

This owns

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
It's definitely a not insignificant reason why I took up drawing lol

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
is empowered a webcomic or something cuz tbh i hadnt acutally heard of it until just now

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Random Stranger posted:

I'm home sick today and being feverish must be affecting my judgment. I decided to finally read the clone saga. Somebody talk me out of it.

First thoughts: this Traveler guy is really stupid.

Where do you live so i can look out for your obituary

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

if this is a typo its a good one

Samuringa posted:

I have the first volume of Renew Your Vows and it begins with all Avengers dying, Parker murdering Venom and the world turning into a dystopia which was definitely not what I expected from the panels that keep getting posted.

tbh i dont remember that at all, so im assuming that was in the opening arc by whoever the first writer was, but everything houser wrote was great

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Secret empire

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I've seen Jim zubs script templates recommended by pros on Twitter fairly often, i think his site is just jimzub.com or something but if you Google it it shouldn't be hard to find

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rhyno posted:

I still own a complete set of Clone Saga single issues.

And all the trades.

It's a sickness.

To begin the process of healing, you must let go

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I see superheroes in comics lift heavy stuff all the time

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

That medusa sex joke, oof

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i vaugely remember some narration box where she talks about it hurting when her hair is cut sooo maybe?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
There's a program called Fade In I think??? that I've seen people talk about but I don't think it's specifically for comics

site fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Mar 10, 2019

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
e: wrong thread

site fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Mar 11, 2019

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Jordan7hm posted:

Random Stranger and I are working on a podcast called Marvel Be My Destiny, that covers the Marvel Universe in some sort of chronological order. I embarked on a big Marvel reading project a few years ago, so these comics are still pretty fresh for me, whereas RS has an extensive knowledge of comics history. The intent is to do 60-90 minute episodes with a focus on 6-7 related books, mostly but not entirely from the MU.

We have ~6 episodes recorded, still working through the kinks. Posting a pilot episode. Note that we're still working on improving the audio production and figuring out the right amount of editing.

Looking for any feedback people have.

You can download it here.

i dont listen to podcasts so i cant really speak to the technical side but after going through the whole thing i only came out with two notes

immediate switch from discussion of starman reprint to okay enough about us is kinda jarring

maybe when starting to dive into a book, explain up front what it is and super short synopsis, like the marvel #1 explain that it's an anthology title that contains human torch and namor and summarize those stories before going into page by page/panel by panel stuff so we have a clearer indication of whats being discussed

site fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Mar 11, 2019

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
So with lowtax 60 grand in the hole and getting deeper is there a slack I should join when sa inevitably dies or does one need to be made

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3884184&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post493257410

site fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Mar 12, 2019

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Well i made one anyways since in in a couple other slacks and have it open all the time anyways so if anyone wants to chat in real time it's https://batmansshamefulslack.slack.com

site fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Mar 13, 2019

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Cant believe you haven't heard of it, it's pretty common nowadays, it's uhh a group chat system like discord but I find it better cuz it has less crap and it lets you have unlimited emojis without paying and stuff and I don't need voice chat like ever, that and like I said I'm used to it cuz I'm already in other groups on it so I'm more fluent with it tbh

Vvv
We use it at work but also im in two non business groups with it

site fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Mar 13, 2019

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean goons are going all out on the donations and patron so I don’t think Lowrax can afford to close SA at this point

i'd worry less if revenue for the site itself wasn't in the tank, he wasnt massively in debt, planning on going further, and already has a history of questionable life and financial decisions lol

Soonmot posted:

I loving hate chat rooms. If sa folds, I honestly think I'll be done with the internet.

i expect it will stay empty, but last the time i made one on a whim it stayed empty for months until suddenly there was a need and now its been running for like a year and half with a steady ~25 people so you never know

site fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Mar 13, 2019

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Random Stranger posted:

I'm pretty dubious of finding another good nerd community myself when SA closes. I mean what am I going to do, go to reddit? Twitter?

yeah id be pretty bummed if this sub's community broke up i like yall, thats why i'd feel better having some kinda backup in place in case one day i try to log on and i get a 404 cuz lowtax couldnt pay the bill

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

El Gallinero Gros posted:

It says I need to contact you to get an invite so I can register

my bad try this (i hope this is right lol)

https://join.slack.com/t/batmanssha...ZTM5NjFjYTQxYWU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Mr Hootington posted:

Cool. Another chat app i can download and forget to use.

Thanks site!

Its just in case!!!!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Look i like you guys but im not paying to have more than 30 emojis or whatever the limit is

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
d_t log off fansubs account

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/kohquette/status/1105910928648749056

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
reddits threading system is loving horrendous

anways we already have like half the bss regulars signed up for the slack so just make an account and forget about it if you want

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
There are sentient guns posting on reddit?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Thats gotta be some wicked indigestion

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Sorry we're exporting our horseshit to your country fansub no one deserves this

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I've only read one of the books in that thread and I feel like I've been kicked out of the cool kids club

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Scaramouche posted:

I'm not on Twitter is The Filth on there? Would be funny if it was the same as Invisibles but just shorter

https://twitter.com/KellyKanayama/status/1109541735359791104?s=19

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
ty tom for livetweeting your demise at the hands of the evil dead demons, :patriot:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Tom's cabin in the woods thread is still going and people have turned it into one of those copypasta things or whatever they're called, it's fun

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/status/1111643459285188608?s=19

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Jeeze arsonist guy, every knows you burn the place down after hours so people dont get hurt

Glad you're okay, but uhhh do you have a job to go back to now??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
that guy must've poo poo himself reading spider-man for the first time