Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Archyduchess posted:

I do kind of admire that at this point his big new 90s revamp is mostly just tacking new detritus onto his existing costume although IIRC he gets a more radical overhaul shortly after this.
D...does he have wrist-strapped forearm pouches???

:v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Archyduchess posted:

No, as far as I can tell he just has straps on his arms that don't do anything.

So my work webfilter apparently didn't display that image and I just caught up on the thread.

:aaaaa:

It's so much worse.

(NO-PRIZE: the straps hold a magnetic interlock system that lets the shield strap itself to Cap's wrist!)

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Endless Mike posted:

Post-9/11 was hosed up times, man.
Ex Machina was a fun ride when it was being published. Lots of possibilities for that powerset and the dude was just "no I want to be a politician".

Also, would be way, way different now with the proliferation of the always-on internet.

I think the closest we get to any explanation ends up being He's right for shunning his powers since they're just a Trojan horse for extra-dimensional forces and pretty much everyone that comes in contact with power-bestowing artifacts becomes corrupted. The fact that he subverts an election to favor him, and the idea that He can do so much more good, just suggests that he's falling under the influence of malevolent forces and will ultimately bring that world to ruin while thinking he's helping. He's literally just a cog in their machine. I guess there's also a lot of rumination on what really is power since he becomes a party stooge and forsakes his supports for it. . Kind of a downer, for sure, and a lot to pack in to a finale.

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Dec 5, 2019

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Constantine would at least open Hogwarts to more progressive policies.

Random thought of the day: was DC's 90s BLOODLINES series an attempt to grab the Image/Spawn demo?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Rhyno posted:

In all its foily goodness.
Is that the fold-out one with traditional batsuit as the cardboard false front, and Knightfall Batsuit inside?

Because that's one of my first purchases. Grabbed it as part of a grab-bag at my LCS.

Which reminds me that one day I have to track down a full run of Legionnaires.
Is DC Universe still poo poo or can I actually do a chronographical read of 90s poo poo now???

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Rhyno posted:

The best thing SMG ever did was when he made a single one of his bullshit effort posts in BSS and got probed almost instantly.
Wark pretty much did the same for Bravest of the Lamps in ADTRW, but it was more of a "great post. Hey how's that probation going champ?".

SMG also tried to work the Evangelion thread and, aside from being kind of weird with using the equivalent English names of things, after about 5 pages the thread just ignored him.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Vincent posted:

how have you folks seen your comic reading habits change? For example, I've seen how I'm tending to wait for complete stories or one-and-done books instead of buying week to week or month to month (except in some cases like this new wave of X-men or Immortal Hulk).
I started tapering off after Final Crisis. Honestly BSS keeps me updated with the goings-ons, and as of about 2-3 years ago I started watching Tubers review storylines and comics (Comicstorian and Comicsexplained). I just don't have the shelf space or money to afford keeping up with things. I'm planning on using my local library to catch stuff like Secret Wars next year and I'll see how that goes.

Honestly burned out a bit with all the Big Events, not as much time to devote to them and, mostly, I lost contact with a buddy I had that was really big into comics and poo poo so without her around to bounce Just Released poo poo off, it's a lot less fulfilling to read things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I watched the movie version of From Hell and always wanted to rewatch/read the comic. Maybe this is the year!

Uhhh.. wtf. The Walking Dead comic is over?

I feel like I woke up from a 5 year sleep. This must be what it's like when people go "oh there's a new Star Wars/Marvel/Nerdbait?"