Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't understand the appeal of Fortnite.

Might have something to do with being 30 years older than the target demographic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We should go to annual threads maybe?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
And now the threads die out quickly because half the posts don't see the new thread.
What about a new thread every 100 pages?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Everyone just quit your jobs so you can post more.

I'LL POST SO MUCH HARDER THAN YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We had more traffic then!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
5 for new thread title.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

Why not just open a new thread in may and keep it on schedule, its not like we dont all understand whats going on since we moved to the new system halfway through first quarter

Get out of here with yer fancy book learned math

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
READ IT

READ ALL OF IT

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr Hootington posted:

The show is really, really bad too.

It has been for over a decade now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
One thing about that era, Steven Butler draws one hell of a Spiderman/Scarlet Spider. Web was easily the best looking book back then.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh no we are not talking poo poo about Thunderstrike's costume.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Whatever happened to that totally not America Chavez comic that was supposed to come from Image?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I still own a complete set of Clone Saga single issues.

And all the trades.

It's a sickness.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

I have two copies of most of the singles, because my dad bit hard on the speculator boom and was buying one for me to read and one to sell in pristine condition to pay for my college.

Yikes.

I think the only thing I'm missing is a single issue that references Ben and Kaine from years later. I should really get that poo poo up on Ebay.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gripweed posted:

Are there any American comics about physical fitness?

Well let's just take a look at the average comic book fan over that last 50 years

No.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Rhyno's leaving part of his dirty shame out. He not only owned all the singles but at least at one time also said he owned TWO copies of all the trades.

We should force him to at all times wear a scarlet hoodie with a giant C on it.

NO! I said I intended to buy the omnibus hardcovers when they were released! But I forgot to do that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gavok posted:

So interesting thing about this one. They made a What If issue based on Scarlet Spider deciding he had no choice but to kill Spider-Man in order to save Mary Jane. Since they couldn't play out the storyline too much with the Clone Saga still going on at the time, they put in a bunch of vague scenes about where this could lead. I mainly remember Ben having a nightmare about Morbius investigating MJ's daughter's blood and an unexplained appearance by the Green Goblin. Which Green Goblin? It wasn't made clear.

Ben and Peter fight and there's an explosion and only one survives. When he comes to in the hospital Mary Jane thinks that Ben is actually Peter so he plays along with it for her sake.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

On the upside, the dumb computer stuff is what gives us Ben in a Spider-Man suit, so you've got that to look forward to. And the launch of Sensational Spider-Man, because what the Spider line really needed was another monthly title.

At least they canceled Web to make room.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I started a BSS Facebook group likeb2 years ago but never added anyone beyond BigBadVoodooLou and also FB sucks.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Random Stranger posted:

It's completely unrecognizable as the same artist even with the Hulk having a warped and twisted anatomy. Doing it intentionally and making it look good is hard, doing it like Spidey and the Punisher is what kids were doodling in their notebooks at the time.

Is Joe Bennet even a real person? I've long assumed he's just a name a studio uses for their collaborative efforts.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I still have the add on to that figure somewhere but lost the actual Spider Carnage in a move.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The victim toll keeps going up and my heart feels worse every time I read more about it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You're really close to the best art in the entire Saga.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Did they just started tossing F bombs into Swamp Thing, Animal Man and Doom Patrol right away?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I wasn't lying about the best art.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We need some Zdarsky in this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Now go read the mini series that reimagines it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My fave GMo comic is that random arc of Swamp Thing he co wrote 25 years ago.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

A Strange Aeon posted:

I think Toyfare might still hold up, or at least, the Twisted Toyfare Theaters maybe? I could be wrong though, it's been a long time.

There's an insane amount of gay jokes in them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I still had a couple of the TTT collections as recently as 2015. I took a dime in store credit on each one just to get rid of them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CharlestheHammer posted:

The other self help guru that isn’t the racist lobster man

Oh jesus, what did Doctor Zoidberg do?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gripweed posted:

CharlestheHammer is referencing Jordan Peterson, a guy who combines basic self-help advice with reactionary politics and discredited evolutionary psychology. The lobster thing is in reference to Peterson's claims that lobsters are solitary creatures who must fight for their space on the sea floor, and all human relations work the same way.

WHOOSH

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Pretty sure there's tons of vague racism as well.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Random Stranger posted:

After reading a bunch of Transformers comics due to the humble bundle and going, "$1 for every IDW comic up to 2013? Sure, why not," I think I can safely say that I hate Transformers comics.

A big problem for me is that the cast is huge and I have real trouble telling any of them apart. You'd think that a bunch of toys that turn into different things would stand out from each other, but there's so many non-faces, identical color schemes, bodies formed of vague geometry, and generic names that I'm constantly going, "Wait, which one is this?" Often multiple times on the same page. And since the robots are such a jumble of shapes, I have a lot of difficulty telling what's going on with pages. It takes me a few seconds with each panel to work out what's supposed to be where.

The books also seems to mainly exist for people who already love Transformers. That's fine; that's basically where superhero comics are now, after all. But I don't care about Transformers and they're not really giving me a reason to care. There's a lot of scenes that are definitely supposed to be "Holy poo poo! It's that guy!" moments that fall completely flat for me.

James Roberts run of More than Meets the Eye is the high bar by which all TF media is going to be measured in the future. Everything else is pretty much disposable. Especially if it says Simon Furman in the credits.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Everybody forgettin bout NAVY SEALS.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
John Byrne spends at least 5 hours of each day screaming in his empty house about why it isnt fair that he cant use the N-word.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gripweed posted:

that John Byrne guy sucks

This sums it up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've been saying hyperbolic things about Byrne being a douche for a long time. He has said rotten things about many people, I don't know why he would be defended.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

At least after cleaning up after Beyonder I would think Peter was better prepared for Annihilus.

There's no way he didn't make Johnny clean that up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Open Marriage Night posted:

Happy Free Comic Book Day, you nerds!

This is my fifth year as Batman.

Post pics!

My old boss asked me if I wanted to come as Woody and then he very tone-deafedly asked if I had any black friends to be Quantum.