Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mountaincat

The first part is about sand-
wiches. The second part is
about morality.
The ice cream shop in my neighborhood stopped selling vanilla ice cream. I used to get a sundae with vanilla ice cream, banana, and hot fudge, and now I can't. All they have is mixed flavors and bland sweet cream. It's not the same.

It's like waking up one morning and your dog has been replaced by a rat. You stare at its pointy rat face for a while and then say OK rat I don't know how this happened but I guess we are going to try to make it work. Do you eat kibble?

This thread is about when they stop selling something that you like. You don't want to Ask To Speak To The Manager so you post about it online instead. Also rat care and feeding, can you walk a rat, is there a God.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mummy Napkin
Pepsi
Blue
RIP in peace

Lil Swamp Booger Baby

NESTEA COOL!!!

I used to smash this as I played through Ocarina of Time or Blades of Vengeance or Diablo II.
Ah, those sweet memories.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

google THIS

McDonald's hot mustard sauce.

But more to the point, that they didn't broadcast across every media channel available when they brought it back so I didn't find out for over a year.

Finger Prince

Grocery stores around here get these interesting tasty products in sometimes for like market testing or something, and you buy it and it's really good and you're like I would buy this every week no problem, finally something good! And then they run out/stop selling it/don't buy any more and you never ever see it again. I can't think of any specific examples off the top of my head but it happens often enough that I have come to accept the fleeting nature of happiness in an otherwise bleak and disappointing grocery shopping experience.

AbusePuppy

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.
rats, like most rodents, can be affectionate and playful and are quite intelligent, but do require some special care. they are nocturnal and thus will be active almost exclusively when it is dark out, which can be very inconvenient to some people, as like most similar animals they require a certain amount of exercise and stimulation to stay healthy. most breeds of rat are also social creatures and do best with at least 1-2 companions, although you should be careful not to mix males and females as this can cause not only unwanted litters but also fighting for dominance and other issues.

rats will eat almost anything, but a healthy diet for them is mostly grains (try to avoid corn) with only a bit of protein and very limited fats. fresh vegetables, cooked meat (especially chicken), and bones to chew on are all good to add some variety to their meals and keep them interested and active. many resources are available online with suggested mixes you can make yourself, or you can buy pre-made feed at most larger pet stores.

rats are not well suited to outside activities as they will become nervous and could even suffer a heart attack due to stress; however, a well-trained rat can be a real conversation-starter at a party, so long as the animal is comfortable with it and the noise level is relatively low. (rats have very sensitive hearing.) try to socialize your rat with friends and acquaintances to get it used to such situations and you may find your friends getting rats of their own!

sadly, there is no God, as he was eaten to death by rats some 1300 years ago (by the Gregorian calendar; note that Julian, Ptolmaic, and other calendars differ on this date.) however, if you do happen to find one of his immortal-and-unending body parts, it can make a tasty snack for your rats to gnaw on- remember that rats need wood chips, cleaned bones, the debris of the Almighty, or some other surface to prevent overgrowth of the incisors, which can be very painful.

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
a local store had some pretty cheap cured meat, aged for 10 months or so. indistinguishable from their imported spanish serrano stuff, as it was essentially the same stuff just not literally from spain

now they don't and they only have the overpriced imported stuff

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Planters used to make these great snacks called PB Crisps. They were a peanut butter filled wafer(?) cookie in the shape of a peanut. They were really good. The cookie structure was sweetened and tasty and peanut butter is also good.

Someone has created a website about how much they want them back: https://pbcrisps.com/

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Carnation Breakfast Bars.

Also: Whatchamacallit WITHOUT caramel.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

MockingQuantum

my favorite egg roll place I've ever eaten at closed and I'm still pretty sad about it, there's not even a manager to complain to about that, not that I have the social fortitude to do that kind of thing

also I miss some soda that I don't know the name of anymore from when I was a preteen, it was really good and kind of like mountain dew but... crisper? sort of like the mountain dew throwback. No idea what it was, though, so it's entirely possible it hasn't gone away and this post has been for naught

thank you luvcow for the sig

FluffieDuckie

Vanilla is literally the most popular ice cream flavor.

That place is stupid.

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
also tfw when you've been living abroad and whatever local groceries you fell in love with simply is not sold back home

RIP

Finger Prince

Nosfereefer posted:

also tfw when you've been living abroad and whatever local groceries you fell in love with simply is not sold back home

RIP

A pain I know all too well.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

MockingQuantum posted:

my favorite egg roll place I've ever eaten at closed and I'm still pretty sad about it, there's not even a manager to complain to about that, not that I have the social fortitude to do that kind of thing

also I miss some soda that I don't know the name of anymore from when I was a preteen, it was really good and kind of like mountain dew but... crisper? sort of like the mountain dew throwback. No idea what it was, though, so it's entirely possible it hasn't gone away and this post has been for naught

Mello Yello?

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

super sweet best pal

The Baskin Robbins closed up shop and was replaced with a nail salon.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby

super sweet best pal posted:

Go get your nails done tho.

google THIS

Doooon't it always seem to go

Johnny-on-the-Spot

That feeling when he opens
the door for you

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

NESTEA COOL!!!

I used to smash this as I played through Ocarina of Time or Blades of Vengeance or Diablo II.
Ah, those sweet memories.

In the summer I'd walk to the public pool, play there almost all afternoon, then I would buy a can of nestea from a vending machine for 50¢, and walk home. I miss that tea so bad. Arizona has similar tasting lemon iced tea but that might just be misplaced nostalgia.

Baskin Robbins used to have a daiquiri ice sherbert I was fond of.

Finger Prince

Johny-on-the-Spot posted:

In the summer I'd walk to the public pool, play there almost all afternoon, then I would buy a can of nestea from a vending machine for 50¢, and walk home. I miss that tea so bad. Arizona has similar tasting lemon iced tea but that might just be misplaced nostalgia.

Baskin Robbins used to have a daiquiri ice sherbert I was fond of.

Oh hell yeah that daquiri ice was delicious!

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
P'zone :cry:

FutonForensic

my dad was so into Mountain Dew Ultraviolet that he bought expired cases off Ebay after it was discontinued

FutonForensic

me personally, there's something about the current zeitgeist that I feel a 3D Doritos comeback could really capitalize on

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

FutonForensic posted:

me personally, there's something about the current zeitgeist that I feel a 3D Doritos comeback could really capitalize on

Those were good. Good mouthfeel.

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

google THIS

I loved Mountain Dew Supernova, I think it was part of some vote for the new flavor thing that clearly had the wrong winner. I dreamed of creating a cocktail combining Supernova with sparkling wine and vodka. Yes, that is correct, a Champagne Supernova in the Skyy. But I never got the chance.

Goons Are Gifts

What do you guys think of Crystal Pepsi? Not saying that it's good, genuinely asking whether you consider it as such. I know it can be a hot topic.

Mummy Napkin

Goons Are Great posted:

What do you guys think of Crystal Pepsi? Not saying that it's good, genuinely asking whether you consider it as such. I know it can be a hot topic.

crystal pepsi discussion might fall into the no politics rule

Mummy Napkin
this poo poo was tight too

super sweet best pal

google THIS posted:

I loved Mountain Dew Supernova, I think it was part of some vote for the new flavor thing that clearly had the wrong winner. I dreamed of creating a cocktail combining Supernova with sparkling wine and vodka. Yes, that is correct, a Champagne Supernova in the Skyy. But I never got the chance.

Agreed. Voltage always tasted a bit too caustic for me. Supernova could be left in a car's cupholder all afternoon getting warm in the sunlight and still taste amazing. The new berry flavor of Mountain Dew is interesting but it's just not the same.

Jesustheastronaut!

Mummy Napkin posted:

Pepsi
Blue
RIP in peace

hey man good news, its called mtn dew baja blast now

Jesustheastronaut!

or maybe its mtn dew voltage? either way, you can still get it in your mouth just take a chance with me

Mummy Napkin

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

hey man good news, its called mtn dew baja blast now

just not the same my man but baja blast is A+++ in its own way

TOOT BOOT

And Sante Fe Gorditas from Taco Bell

Farecoal

There he go
They stopped selling the big Reese's bars at my local Walgreens. I rage, I yell, I even remind them of my authority as Idiot King. But alas!

Goons Are Gifts

Mummy Napkin posted:

crystal pepsi discussion might fall into the no politics rule

oh god I'm so sorry

peanut

google THIS posted:

I dreamed of creating a cocktail combining Supernova with sparkling wine and vodka. Yes, that is correct, a Champagne Supernova in the Skyy. But I never got the chance.

I'm interested, very very interested!!!!
idk what that mtn dew tasted like but mixing vodka and dry champagne with something sweeter sounds A+

Robot Made of Meat

google THIS posted:

I once dreamed of serving Blue Nun white wine with a lime garnish. I'd have called it a Twisted Sister.

OK, I'm old. Both parts of that joke are decades in the past.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

sugarstarshower

Growing up in Korea we had this candy called "Apollo" which came with a bundle of straws filled with tangy frosting. My favorite was strawberry because it's pink. Sometime in 2000's the manufacturers went out of business after years of being stigmatized as junk food not approved by the FDA (turned out to be just a rumor) and Apollo don't get made anymore. Looking back, sucking all that sweet stuffing out of straws probably helped me be good at giving heads.

Nosfereefer

Robot Made of Meat posted:

I once dreamed of serving Blue Nun white wine with a lime garnish. I'd have called it a Twisted Sister.

OK, I'm old. Both parts of that joke are decades in the past.

TWISTED SISTER??!!
e:

Nosfereefer fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Mar 9, 2019

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

sugarstarshower posted:

Growing up in Korea we had this candy called "Apollo" which came with a bundle of straws filled with tangy frosting. My favorite was strawberry because it's pink. Sometime in 2000's the manufacturers went out of business after years of being stigmatized as junk food not approved by the FDA (turned out to be just a rumor) and Apollo don't get made anymore. Looking back, sucking all that sweet stuffing out of straws probably helped me be good at giving heads.

this stuff was amazing

also white rabbit candy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

i really fuckin miss orbitz especially the one with the yellow and red balls floating in it because it was like boba but less good somehow