Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal

The curly fries at Arby's are now just regular fries that are curled. They aren't as thin and crispy anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azurite

Strange, isn't it?!

Jolo posted:

Planters used to make these great snacks called PB Crisps. They were a peanut butter filled wafer(?) cookie in the shape of a peanut. They were really good. The cookie structure was sweetened and tasty and peanut butter is also good.

Someone has created a website about how much they want them back: https://pbcrisps.com/

gently caress yes. My mom used to work at Nabisco, and she used to bring those home all the time from the company store. They were amazing, and I still think of them from time to time.

I don't know if they'll will happen again, since it looks like Planters and Nabisco were split apart (if I read Wikipedia correctly).

Korean Boomhauer

super sweet best pal posted:

The curly fries at Arby's are now just regular fries that are curled. They aren't as thin and crispy anymore.

this is heckin bullcrap that they did this

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Korean Boomhauer posted:

this is heckin bullcrap that they did this

Agreed. That was the last food at Arby's that I could eat other than plain salad, too, so GO TO HECK ARBY!!!!

TOOT BOOT

Check this out: Arbys = RBs = Roast Beefs

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

TOOT BOOT posted:

Check this out: Arbys = RBs = Roast Beefs

WHOA WHAT FOR REAL

WHERE IS ARBY?!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby

Johny-on-the-Spot posted:

In the summer I'd walk to the public pool, play there almost all afternoon, then I would buy a can of nestea from a vending machine for 50¢, and walk home. I miss that tea so bad. Arizona has similar tasting lemon iced tea but that might just be misplaced nostalgia.

Baskin Robbins used to have a daiquiri ice sherbert I was fond of.

It was the defacto summer drink and I remember the taste to this day. It inspires almost crippling levels of nostalgia.

Abugadu

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Splatmaster posted:

Carnation Breakfast Bars.

literally came here to post this, are you me?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.

Oh wow, I forgot about those, used to love them!

MockingQuantum

Splatmaster posted:

Mello Yello?

Nah we still have Mello Yello around here, though I guess it's pretty limited to the upper midwest. like the McDonald's by my work has it on tap, I get it occasionally to remind myself that it's really too sweet, honestly

Whatever soda I'm thinking of was a little more esoteric and was made by some company like Shasta but somehow even more obscure

Speaking of, does Shasta still exist? I feel like I stopped seeing them in the last ~5 years but I'm not sure when

thank you luvcow for the sig

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Abugadu posted:

literally came here to post this, are you me?

**pats self down**

I don't think so, I have my wallet and keys; are your wallet and keys missing?

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Mummy Napkin
Fruitopia, anyone?

Johnny-on-the-Spot

That feeling when he opens
the door for you

Mummy Napkin posted:

Fruitopia, anyone?

gently caress yes! My school had a vending machine, but it would practically sell out the same day it stocked. I would suck down a Cherry Vanilla Grove in seconds and want more. In hindsight, it was a sickly over sweet drink, and I doubt I could stomach one now, (I water down fruit juice whenever I drink it now) but goddamn I used to love that sweet nectar.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

What was that Guarana soda? Had a panther on the label; tasted like cinnamon fruit rear end, but I drank the gently caress out of it.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby

hamjobs posted:

What was that Guarana soda? Had a panther on the label; tasted like cinnamon fruit rear end, but I drank the gently caress out of it.

Wtf good question.

Finger Prince

When taco bell stopped selling the zesty steak melt, it was like a dagger in my skeezy teenage heart. I never truly forgave them, and no amount of double decker tacos could fill that void.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Finger Prince posted:

When taco bell stopped selling the zesty steak melt, it was like a dagger in my skeezy teenage heart. I never truly forgave them, and no amount of double decker tacos could fill that void.

this but the steak taquitos

... not to mention the verde packets

Abugadu

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Splatmaster posted:

**pats self down**

I don't think so, I have my wallet and keys; are your wallet and keys missing?

oh shi-

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

opioid agonist posted:

this but the steak taquitos

... not to mention the verde packets

This but the veggie burriot and yes to the VERDE packets. THE ONLY GOOD SAUCE FROM TB.

Robot Made of Meat

MockingQuantum posted:

Nah we still have Mello Yello around here, though I guess it's pretty limited to the upper midwest. like the McDonald's by my work has it on tap, I get it occasionally to remind myself that it's really too sweet, honestly

Whatever soda I'm thinking of was a little more esoteric and was made by some company like Shasta but somehow even more obscure

Speaking of, does Shasta still exist? I feel like I stopped seeing them in the last ~5 years but I'm not sure when

Simba?

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Finger Prince

hamjobs posted:

This but the veggie burriot and yes to the VERDE packets. THE ONLY GOOD SAUCE FROM TB.

Was that the 7 layer burrito? Dang I forgot about those!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Finger Prince posted:

Was that the 7 layer burrito? Dang I forgot about those!

No they still have those! This was like, fajita vegetables with mushrooms and cheese, but burriot sized! It was hella good.

Same era as the Border Bowls

Abugadu

that reminded me of Chicken Littles, KFC used to sell these lil fried chicken sandwiches for 39 cents, they were cheap and delicious.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

JOSTA. That was the loving drink. It was apparently the first American energy drink. No wonder my kidneys were shot to poo poo in high school.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Abugadu posted:

that reminded me of Chicken Littles, KFC used to sell these lil fried chicken sandwiches for 39 cents, they were cheap and delicious.

They're 2 for $3 now but KFC still has em

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
Recently, the Ekono (Wal-Mart) in my neighborhood was rebranded as a Lider Express (different type of Wal-Mart), and they stopped selling Papas Duqeusas (Tater Tots) in the 1 kilogram (2 pound) size, and instead only sell them in the 500 gram (1 pound) size.

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
Okay, now I am going to be TCCing in BYOB:

Back in like 2008 or 2009, the Dollar Tree sold Dextromethorphan in these sublingual strips. It was slightly more expensive than pill or syrup DXM, on the surface, but because it was sublingually absorbed, it came on a lot quicker and with less of a fuss then guzzling cough syrup. I would just take ten strips and put them under my tongue and wait for it to kick in. Not wanting to be too suspicious, I wouldn't buy too many at one time, just 4 or 5, but I had amassed a collection of like 20 of them by the time they discontinued them.

peanut

My favorite chocolate is only available in winter :( Bacchus contains a pocket of rum inside.
https://www.lotte.co.jp/kengaku/choco/fellowship/03.html

Abugadu

opioid agonist posted:

They're 2 for $3 now but KFC still has em

we have no-frills kfc’s here. we didn’t even get the Double-down when they were a thing.

Historical Wizards

I had always seen this liqueur named Nassau Royale at the libation station, and finally bought it. It was very very good. Within two weeks I learned it had been discontinued.

MockingQuantum posted:

Last I saw Shasta is still sold at Menards.

Many thanks Social Vegan for the wonderful av, and Fanky Malloons for the sig

MockingQuantum

Historical Wizards posted:

Last I saw Shasta is still sold at Menards.

add "while I was buying a new propane tank for my ice house heater" and that would be the most midwestern sentence ever spoken

Historical Wizards

MockingQuantum posted:

add "while I was buying a new propane tank for my ice house heater" and that would be the most midwestern sentence ever spoken

I was there to buy Sprecher, which is also pretty Midwestern.
Menards has the best price and best variety of Sprecher of anywhere I've been

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MockingQuantum

Historical Wizards posted:

I was there to buy Sprecher, which is also pretty Midwestern.
Menards has the best price and best variety of Sprecher of anywhere I've been

huh, I should check if ours has Sprecher. I know the Fleet Farm by my place used to carry really good ginger beer. Both of these things are baffling while also making perfect sense.