Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah, Ghost showing back up out of nowhere. I guess they cut the reunion for time or something?

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Apr 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Wouldn't want to have those feature-length episodes we were promised. :mad:

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Slim Pickens posted:

Oh yeah, Ghost showing back up out of nowhere. I guess they cut the reunion for time or something?

What reunion? He was with Jon the whole time, just to the right of frame.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Lol that their big plan is for the people to hide in the crypts. Right next to all the dead people.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

quote:

Maisie Williams, who portrays Arya, told EW she initially thought it was a joke because showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss have sent actors bogus scripts before to pull their legs.

"At first, I thought it was a prank," she said. "I was like, 'Yo, good one.' And [the showrunners were] like, 'No, we haven't done that this year.' Oh f***!"
Williams first learned of the scene from her bff Sophie Turner, who portrays Sansa Stark on the hit HBO series.

"I called Maisie and was like: 'Have you read it yet?'" Turner told EW. "And she's like, 'I'm midway through episode one.' And I'm like: This scene, this page, read it! This is awesome! She was very happy."
By the time they got to the table read, Williams said she had some thoughts about her character getting busy with the character played by Joe Dempsie. "I got to the read-through and I'm reading the scene and thought, 'Oh, we're actually going to do this. When do I shoot this? I need to go to the gym.' A whole list of things," Williams said.

Not all of the viewers were happy with the scene, however.
There was some discomfort on social media with a nude Arya whom many watched grow up on the screen.

:lol:

Sophie and Maisie own.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Lol that their big plan is for the people to hide in the crypts. Right next to all the dead people.

I'm split between "there's no flesh left to reanimate" and "The crypt in winterfell might as well be cold storage"

I guess we'll get zombie Catelyn Stark after all (Or it might just be Rickon down there)

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Godholio posted:

Wouldn't want to have those feature-length episodes we were promised. :mad:

Right?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

also i'm calling it now

cersei's dumb dragon ballista thing is gonna waste one of the zombie dragons

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I gotta say: the first few episodes have just felt off. Yeah it’s been two years, and it’s pretty much just been reunion time. That said, it just almost seems like everyone sees the light at the end of the tunnel, and after being at this for 10 years, are sort of done with their characters. Almost feels rushed like they’re blatantly just trying to wrap it all up fast and head home

I mean trust me I’m gonna watch the poo poo out of it and I’m glad we’ll have a conclusion, just a random thought

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I gotta say: the first few episodes have just felt off. Yeah it’s been two years, and it’s pretty much just been reunion time.

Reunion and "say goodbye" time.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I get that, just feel like when the camera cuts they’re all letting out a big sigh of relief saying: “ugh ok what’s next the pub opened at 5”

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

also i'm calling it now

cersei's dumb dragon ballista thing is gonna waste one of the zombie dragons

They've got the thing in the intro credits, it has to happen. Didn't they build a bajillion of them last season?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I love the super boot dude who recites his general orders of the nights watch like it makes him look badass

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

There be spoilers about, beware ye

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Can’t wait for some turd to change the GBS thread title to them or some poo poo

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Someone already leaked Bronn's death scene :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5V8ecsrxeY

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CD8yNGKaEw

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

Slim Pickens posted:

Someone already leaked Bronn's death scene :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5V8ecsrxeY

:stare:

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

You may not want to look at FYAD’s title right now if you care about potential spoilers; could also be FYAD just loving with the forums.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Pod's gonna die and then his monster dong is gonna slay everyone else

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

pantslesswithwolves posted:

You may not want to look at FYAD’s title right now if you care about potential spoilers; could also be FYAD just loving with the forums.

Honestly don’t even venture outside of GIP, people are chodes. I remember a thread title in GBS had nearly a whole season of spoilers in the title. I’ll never understand the childish act of spoiling poo poo for others when you’re an adult but w/e. Automatic unfriending from me on social media that’s for sure

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Snape Kills Dumbledore

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Can we talk about End Game in here?

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Flikken posted:

Can we talk about End Game in here?

Please for the love of God no

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Please for the love of God no

Ok. I'll respect that.

you clicked on this poo poo, and I am not going to reveal the spoilers first. I enjoyed the movie and you will too!!!

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Flikken posted:

Ok. I'll respect that.

you clicked on this poo poo, and I am not going to reveal the spoilers first. I enjoyed the movie and you will too!!!

I did that thing where I kind of looked through my fingers.

I'm still trying to figure out what my best option for seeing it is. Maybe drive to like BFE and hit the first showing to avoid the crowds. Sunday AM in the rural areas?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

SquirrelyPSU posted:

I did that thing where I kind of looked through my fingers.

I'm still trying to figure out what my best option for seeing it is. Maybe drive to like BFE and hit the first showing to avoid the crowds. Sunday AM in the rural areas?

I walked into a 2:30 pm showing 15 minutes before it started and had zero problems.

Hurry up and watch it, I want to discuss it

Flikken fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Apr 27, 2019

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Flikken posted:

I walked into a 2:30 pm showing 15 minutes before it started and had zero problems.

Hurry up and watch it, I want to discuss it

Alright maybe I'll knock it out tomorrow morning. If I had the PTO and didn't have a deadline, today might have been a good call.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I saw it first :smug:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Appear on all maps, then we will care.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Clearly we appeared on the film delivery map

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Flikken posted:

Appear on all maps, then we will care.

Wait, on what map does NZ not appear?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Wait, on what map does NZ not appear?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0opzJL8BLk

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Oh wow. That's fantastic.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
My guesses: Bran and Sam (and his wife and kid) are 100% going to die, because if there is one constant to the arc of the GoT universe, it's putting Jon Snow in incredibly lovely situations. They both have their arcs complete, and also are the only people who can prove Jon is a Targaryen heir. 50/50 on Dany leaving Jon to die during the battle or putting a knife in his back directly, but he'll survive because the universe isn't done really loving his life up yet and fracturing their coalition makes sense. Brienne or Pod, Missandei or Greyworm, flip a coin for each. Jamie will live, because he still has a reckoning with Cersei to attend to. Tormund has been skating for too long, probably going to bite it unsuccessfully trying to save Brienne. Theon and everyone in the crypt are going to die. Don't know about Ser Davos. Hope Clegane lives.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Apr 27, 2019

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I don't think Bran's done yet, but I think you're more right than wrong.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
What role does he have left to play in moving the plot forward? He's already divulged his big revelations and made his peace with Jamie. Plus, "What makes you think there's an 'after'?"

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Dead Reckoning posted:

What role does he have left to play in moving the plot forward? He's already divulged his big revelations and made his peace with Jamie. Plus, "What makes you think there's an 'after'?"

3 eyed raven vs NK. I mean, guess that could be wrapped up on Sunday, but I feel like Bran needs to be around to see the defeat of the NK.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Bran will probably sacrifice himself and and pull some last minute deus ex machina to save the day where he absorbs the white walker and explodes to end them for good or some bs

Curious on the Azor Ahai poo poo. They mention the prince that was promised etc but haven’t talked much on that otherwise.

Jamie still needs time to strangle Cersei too. I really don’t see Arya dying. Also what’s up Cleganebowl is for sure happening right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Well, we're getting the first 1h23m episode tomorrow, and it's probably 100% the battle at Winterfell, but it just occurred to me that I had previously kinda assumed that the final battle between dead vs. living would be the end of the entire show, with like 30-50 minutes for the aftermath, but it's kinda looking to me like the living vs. dead battle is going to be decided and over tomorrow, with two more episodes of alive-on-alive crime / shenanigans.