Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Pretty sure this season is just gonna satisfy every fan fantasy and end like a typical marvel movie and be boring uninspired bullshit like S7, prove me wrong fat man

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If the showrunners have any balls, the next episode is gonna be one of those recap episodes of everyone's greatest hits as they stare out from the castle wall.

E: and episode after that will be a bottle episode in the crypt while the fight rages above

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Apr 23, 2019

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah, Ghost showing back up out of nowhere. I guess they cut the reunion for time or something?

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Apr 23, 2019

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Lol that their big plan is for the people to hide in the crypts. Right next to all the dead people.

I'm split between "there's no flesh left to reanimate" and "The crypt in winterfell might as well be cold storage"

I guess we'll get zombie Catelyn Stark after all (Or it might just be Rickon down there)

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Someone already leaked Bronn's death scene :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5V8ecsrxeY

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ded posted:

Not enough

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Where the gently caress did Arya even come from loving lol these writers suck

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
No chain of command in this undead army! Would've been great if one of his lackeys grew horns and became the new night king instead of sitting on horses doing gently caress all

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I like how the dothraki were gonna try to fight wights with regular steel swords at first until a magic red lady ran out of the dark to give them a miniscule chance. I guess no one in westeros likes them, not even Dany.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Jon Snow status: still knows nothing

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also lol at these ballistas that can gently caress a ship up like the end of that pirates movie

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
"I have to go now, the North needs me"

*Ghost died on his way back to hardhome without saying goodbye to Jon*

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dead Reckoning posted:

I was coming into the thread to make this post. Seriously, does she just not do scouts or spies? Also, they gave Euron Greyjoy a dragon kill? Who is he going to go down to, is Jamie gonna go Super Sayan when he finds out Ciersi is saying the kid isn't his?

Of course not, why would they do something that makes that much sense when they could battle it out on the open ground in front of the city for no reason.

Writers suck, show sucks

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

beanieson posted:

Probably pumpkin spice, shes such a basic bitch

lmao it's bound to happen on any show going this long. A funny thing from the director commentary on Spaceballs was that they knew eventually a coffee cup would end up in the background, so they had everyone drinking from styrofoam cups so it wouldn't be a problem.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

dany was listening for the bells, and when she didn't hear the one in the sept of baelor she lost her poo poo, that was her father's bell

Something like this would make sense. And then d&d get in front of a camera and go 'well Dany saw the red keep and decided to make it personal'. It's like a kid writing a paper about a movie they didn't watch, except these motherfuckers wrote the god drat show.

Looking forward to three lovely star war movies, lol

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Co-worker pointed out that one of the writers of x-men origins:wolverine was David Benioff, loving lol that hbo handed this hack the keys to their biggest television series since the wire

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ikUYFK84OQ

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

holocaust bloopers posted:

YouTube recommended like a 50 minute video explaining why the NK battle episode was full of bad tactics. It had 1.2 million views. Who the hell are these people where a tv show bothers them so much?

People got invested in a show that was great for 5 seasons but slowly declined into predictable then lazy writing? :shrug:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I love this. All these idiots think they’re screenwriters.

You don't need to be an engineer to know that a PT Cruiser is a lovely car.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
jon is gonna try to kill dany then drogon is gonna blow fire at him

then jon is gonna just be standing there naked and everyone will kneel because he's the true targ king and fans will all rejoice like this dumb moment somehow saved the show

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Did they scrap the end of episode thing this time because it just makes everything worse?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It was hard to care about anything in the show at this point. poo poo's sucked for two seasons, and the previous two episodes killed any enthusiasm left

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Westworld season 2 was not good.

It had its moments. Kiksuya was a really good episode. Looks like season 3 will be completely away from the park at least, so that gives them some writing freedom.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

beanieson posted:

Skimming through the live watch commenting in the tviv thread this is the best take on the whole episode:

lmao that's the only way to make it make more sense than roasting Jon on the spot which would've been a better ending than 'send him to "the wall" on the "night's watch"'

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also thanks for rushing through the rest of the story this season so we could spend 10 minutes watching Tyrion stare at nothing or push in chairs, really added to the mise en scene :discourse:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Bran the All-seeing? Nah let's call him Bran the busted rear end bitch

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Fuckin' Arya escaped death multiple times, learned to look like people by wearing their faces, murdered an entire house by herself and killed the night king and saved the world, dunno how Tyrion's ex-girlfriend ended up on that list instead.

Edit: I guess because they'd have to do actual work on their meme instead of just slapping some 'relationships' collage they found underneath it

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 17:17 on May 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I never read the book but it was a good show and easy to binge over a weekend.