Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Holy poo poo, just got to the "thank you for your service bit" in Barry and I am rolling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Holy poo poo, blonde lady listening to fight song. Okay, which one of you that also frequents cspam is one of the writers?

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Also I find it hilarious that moving to an elective monarchy is presented like it's gonna fix much.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Dead Reckoning posted:

Maybe this group of lords and ladies, survivors of the bloodiest war in a generation, can live peaceably, but their sons and daughters won't remember.

Sure, and any time succession comes up it'll be a power struggle, not people voting for the wisest among them (even ignoring that that is an inherently political question).

Not to mention that once the north was like "screw it, we out" it would have made a lot more sense for everyone else to be like "yeah, doing our own thing sounds good."

And the north won't stay free for too many generations if there's any resources up there the rest of the kingdoms want, now that they're 1 vs 6.

Whatever. Episode did what it needed to do, tied everything up, fan service ghost patting, etc.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Internet Wizard posted:

Almost all of the great houses are completely destroyed now. The Tyrells and Martels were eradicated, the Lannisters are down to Tyrion and Casterly Rock was sacked, the Baratheon are lead by a bastard and had their realms destroyed, the river lands and in the hands of Edmure (lol) and the Vale is ruled by an idiot teen. The Starks are pretty much the only one of the seven main families to improve their position and they lost almost an entire generation of men.

Bran is in a pretty awful position

Engh, the nobles will be fine. They'll intermarry to minor nobility who is less murdered and in a generation they'll have plenty of lordlings to roam around mistreating peasants and loving around with political intrigue.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

A Bad Poster posted:

The fact that it killed that German robot in a matter of moments was the shocking thing.

Radiation does not play any loving games.

As soon as they pulled the tarp off it I was like "that thing has way too many moving parts to survive the radiation levels they described."

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

GD_American posted:

Yep! 30+ years of undecayed, dried-out leaf litter, just waiting for a nice spark.

RADIOACTIVE
FOREST
FIRE

Forest fire got within 20 km of the plant in April 2015.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Still haven’t watched but saw this on reddit

1986 help crash from episode 2

When I saw that on the show at first I thought that the radiation was so intense that it embrittled the rotor blades to the point where they disintegrated in mid-air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

beanieson posted:

Is my wife gonna appreciate Chernobyl? I wanna start watching it but if she sees someone get like melted or some kid with horrible birth defects it’s probably gonna be a downer.

They don't show any kids die (though they say it happens). They show a couple melty dudes in hospital beds. And one episode is about half about the squads that went out and found pets to shoot so they wouldn't wander out and irradiate larger parts of the country.