Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

From is here to save gamers everywhere from the winter release catalogue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Finally getting to play this tonight

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Fighting the mini boss general, getting whooped before I take off any health and accidentally hitting revive, then proceeded to perfectly block like 15 attacks and get the kill. This game is so loving good

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

btw, since the game never makes it clear: you dont get penalized for resurrecting. its when you fully die and go back to the lantern that dragonrot can happen

thank you!!

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

wow this cow can eat poo poo

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Can every move that doesn’t pop up the red danger sign be blocked? I’m trying to get a sense of what I should be dodging and what I should be parrying

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

are jizo statues like a thing I’m supposed to save for a boss fight or are they a “use them as soon as you pick one up” item

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Someone spoil me where to get the firecracker I’m at ashina castle and think I missed it

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Back in the Ashina outskirts, just past the old lady and her son is that gate with the cannon dude on it... from the top of the gate you can grapple over to a hill nearby and if you grapple to the top there's a merchant in a little tent who sells it

Thank you!

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

rehab gaming ftw

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

In my experience enemies rarely take advantage of the knockdown from a full posture bar. Unless you're fighting a group, then you're probably instasmoked. But in bosses, whatever, let it rip

The instant I figured this out I went from getting my rear end kicked to absolutely styling on genichiro

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Oh my god genichiro

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Is there a trick to the anti air deathblow that I’m missing? I can’t get it to trigger even when I’m jumping straight at them

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Had my first gaming dream in forever thanks to sekiro...was running around with my homie Owl and loving people up with lady butterfly needles

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Got guardian ape down, not as rough as I thought it was gonna be, but the firecrackers are kind of op

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I’m putting Genichiro as my favorite ‘honorable 1v1 duel’ boss of the game, joining Artorias, Fume Knight, Pontiff Sillyman, and Maria

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

There are only 2 complaints I have about this game. 1) the ghost village part is kinda lame but its also really short so whatever. 2) you never get a shinobi tool that lets you spit lightning

They’re saving that for the dlc

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The monkey is fat bullshit so just abuse the poo poo out of firecrackers his second phase is 1000x easier anyway

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

did I screw myself out of anti-air deathblow if I didn't buy it from the tiny man before he moved

I still have yet to get this to work even once

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Omg lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

yeah that's been my strategy. he gave me less problems than isshin, but his second version is way harder and what i am currently stuck on

I love how nearly all of his moves are shinobi techniques you can learn

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

yeah that's been my strategy. he gave me less problems than isshin, but his second version is way harder and what i am currently stuck on

The biggest thing that worked for me was using nightjar slash to close the gap after he dashes back, especially in the first phase

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The BB style and dramatic reveal was still the best in the series, but if we’re evaluating strictly the product at launch Seikiro easily beats BB solely off the loading times

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

I seen the "Activision made the game too easy" idea a lot and it makes no sense to me

drat....looks like this time the goalposts moved the gatekeepers

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Owl the second time is approaching Orphan of Kos in number of attempts for me

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The DLC fight against Tomoe is going to be loving sweet

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Finally beat isshin

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

What was the deal with the big rope dude anyway? Seemed pretty out of nowhere

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

I parried every boss I could as much as I could bc it was the most fun move in the game to me. But I also liked using umbrella tricks bc they did a fuckload of Damage and look cool

Parrying the full combo from genichiro and then slightly missing the timing on the last hit so it sends you skidding backwards using your sword for balance....ftmfw

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Ludwig was definitely the most soul-crushing souls boss for me in that he actually made me put down the game for like a month before I was able to return and beat him, but highest bodycount was ook followed closely by owldad

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Owl 2 kicked my rear end so many times before beating his first phase I thought he was going to be the hardest souls boss of all time, but his second phase is basically the same so it ended up being just the hardest boss of this game

spb posted:

Have they announced it yet? It sold so well, I figured it would be announced. Maybe they're not going to do any

If we don’t fight tomoe I will eat my ds4 controller

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

is there any point in skills that aren't ichimoji/mortal draw. I used the fist flurry thing for a while but it seemed like more of a fun novelty than anything

I found the nightjar slash helped a lot with staying aggressive on owl 1

Thing I learned today: if you kill one of those weird slug nobles in the fountainhead palace after you’ve been drained, you do a unique animation where you eat them like a zombie and it restores your youth

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

jjust realised i forgot to update my internet before i played sekiro so ive been playing an unpatched version ... idk how much dfferent stuff is but im dling like 4gb of stuff for it atm. i wanted to upload some miniboss cheese i found that isnt on youtube yet (red eye ashina elite with the mortal blade) but its robably already been patched out

I think the changes are mostly some of the prosthetic tools costing less emblems

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I still don’t get what the deal was with the giant rope guy

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The Clowner posted:

Yeah I've given up hope at this point. Would've been nice to jump into a second memory and meet tomoe and dogen

Saving em for the sequel

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

extremebuff posted:

this game is so cinematic and beautiful without ever taking away the player's control

this, especially giant snake

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the purples are cool with all the kicks but I feel like they become the peak of ‘bait out the thrust then mikiri counter’ routine that you kinda fall into

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Greetings, Sekiro 2 boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Also the fight is just insanely sick with him using all these shin obi weapons like the poison and the heal blocker and firecrackers

violently being humbled by his mikri counter after using it for the entire game ftw