Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Just beat Genichiro at the top of the castle on the second try. Brb gonna go bench press a small car and climb a mountain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

First attempt was a disaster yesterday because for some reason I thought that fight was endgame only and I'd just get a cutscene with emma and the kid for now but lol nope. Survived all of 20 seconds

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Guardian Ape down. Good lord what a fight. Trick for me was to pause right before phase 2 started and walk away for a while then come back later with a clear head and relaxed hands

e: wow the double apes were a cakewalk after that

Fortaleza fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jul 30, 2022

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Guide I've been using to mop up areas theorized that there'd be a DLC involving the black mortal blade and going to the underworld with Takeru and Tomoe as potential bosses. Based on what the sort of scenery they made for Elden Ring it would've been sick, and probably sickening too

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Had too much sake and kept whiffing every deflection in the second Owl fight dying within seconds and lmaoing at how ridiculous it all is

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Beat Owl (Father) yesterday, easily the most satisfying fight in the game. Skipped the Demon of Hatred on this playthrough, I'm in it for the sword fights more than the giant creature fights and this one wasn't any fun. Probably go for it for real in another playthrough when I've got more attack power, plus apparently if you give the sculptor each type of sake to get all of his lore dialogue you get extra dialogue before and after the demon fight and I didn't manage to do that this time around.

All that's left is the final boss fight!

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

God, a Sekiro sequel journeying to the birthplace of the Divine Dragon would be so sick

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Sword Saint Isshin down!! :toot:

Days and days of struggling and then the time I beat him I use one gourd charge and no resurrections like it was nothing lol

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Kongming posted:

Yeah it's a great feeling when you have him figured out. My successful attempt I burned through his first deathblow marker without taking a hit, felt incredible.

gently caress yeah dude. The way I approached it is if Genichiro damaged me more than the heal-on-deathblow would cover I'd just start over. Silver spoon chewing shithead is unworthy of my gourd :hai:

Fell to Isshin's first phase a whole lot because I kept trying to aggressively combo instead of letting him do his patterns, countering him and then hacking away

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

American McGay posted:

Sword Saint might be my favorite boss fight in all of gaming.

Owl (Father) fight is my fav in this game by far, it's the peak of the sword fighting. Isshin's second phase with the bullshit spear and repeating pistol soured the final fight for me, I was straight up not having a good time

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

On NG+ now without giving up Kuro's Charm and lol this is fun, just blasting through everything like a cannon. Even beat the intro Genichiro boss but obviously you get your arm chopped off no matter what but you appear to not get anything for beating him other than different dialogue where Genichiro calls you a bastard

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Going for the Shura ending and Emma has been kicking my rear end left and right, oy. Cadence for this one is juuust different enough for me to keep loving it up. Don't need to remember to stay humble because this game will do it for you

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

her grab is probably the nastiest move to deal with consistently in the game

Yeah. It’s cool as hell at least, some judo poo poo

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I gave up and went to the bar instead, gently caress it

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Shura ending done. Like it when a game has multiple endings and there's a "you made the wrong choice and everything is bad now and you should feel bad" one

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Cheesed the demon of hatred on the first playthrough but on NG++ I finally went back and got that sucker for real :toot:

All that's left is tons of bullcrap grinding for the last two skills and taking on Genichiro/Sword Saint Isshin one last time. Might try to beat Owl (Father) again if I wind up having fun with it

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Had an ice cold shot of sake at 1pm 'cause I just platinumed this poo poo!! Kampai motherfuckers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Got to the point where I was getting through Genichiro and 1st phase of Isshin without needing to heal but kept getting wrecked after that because I kept trying to do close-quarter sword fighting and that spear would throw me off. Finally got it by keeping mid distance and punishing jump moves hard with empowered mortal draw and having patience