Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

bees x1000 posted:

oh no somebody gave the monkeys swords, and there's a million of them

The student approached the Zen master seated near the kuromatsu tree

"Master," he said, "what is the meaning of life?"

The master responded, "Would you rather fight 100 small monkeys armed with swords, or one big monkey?"

The student was silent. The master struck him with his staff, and in that moment, the student was enlightened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

bees x1000 posted:

I don't understand why sometimes I get a big hit with my flame vent and other times the ape no-sells it

Are you charging it

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The second phase doesn't give a gently caress about fire

Second phase: if you have the confetti that makes your sword glow purple, the second phase is weak to that. If you are able to deflect a few of his swings in sequence, he will eventually rise up completely vertical with his sword in the air. Deflect that big swing and it will knock him flat on his face for big damage

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

bees x1000 posted:

I never even considered this because it's exactly the kind of attack that can't be parried. Terminal souls brain.

hm how would you know to try that because you don't know the centipede is there until he's done dead.

That's the thing, you wouldn't. It's part of the game's amazing environmental storytelling because that boss is just so overwhelming that chances are you are at some point going to throw every single trick you have at it just to see what sticks and there will be a nonzero number of players who just try whipping out the spear and snare the centipede and have a "whoa" moment. This game is perfect

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

bees x1000 posted:

Guardian Ape 2? why

TWO? WHY

lol

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

scary ghost dog posted:

hardest boss in the game imo but only because he does chip damage. try the fire lotus umbrella

The fire umbrella will completely blank his super high leap stomp attack and leave you right under his nuts to hit him. Just make sure you hold it long enough to absorb the shockwave that comes after he lands or you will get blown back

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

bees x1000 posted:

that charge is ridiculous, by the time the warning shows it feels too late

If it's the one I'm thinking of, you can actually jump kick off of his head as he passes by. You just don't want to be on the ground

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Good job

Now do it in the boss rush

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
And then you'll have fought him 20 or 30 times over the course of the game and on NG+ he will immediately grab you and hurl you off the cliff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Most of what held me up on my first playthrough was not even attempting to parry certain things because I assumed they couldn't be but drat near everything that isn't an outright death attack can be deflected if not necessarily blocked