Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Mechanic/Non-Story Mild (System/Gameplay) Spoilers

- Death reduces your XP bar and currency by half; there is no recovery
- According to Miyazaki, the game is not 'stealth-focused'; however, stealth plays a large role (eavesdropping on conversations, avoiding patrols)
- Map is mostly non-linear; interconnected world
- Combat is focused on breaking an enemy's 'Posture', sort of like a stam bar but you can just kill them
- No invasions, no co-op, no multiplayer
- "Weapon Arts" are different depending on how you level; the way you choose to level changes your playstyle
- Central hub area
- Multiple endings
- The number of times you die has a tremendous effect on your current game world and storyline
- According to the streamers who played, combat is 'significantly more complex' than souls series games

Unexpected Raw Anime fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Mar 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I guess it's not a spoiler so just to be clear, There Is No Multiplayer Of Any Kind

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Lobos said they felt they could make a better single-player experience if there was no need to balance around pvp or whatever

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I thought the grappling hook would just be a small gameplay element but this dude is flying around the map like spider man

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

2019 is the year of the gamer

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

Is he playing on PC or PS4. Still unsure on my platform, but if PS4 has a more stable framerate than Bloodborne I'm all in

He said they played the japan demo on PC

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Vaati has a great video up but it is spoiler city

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I wonder if we’ll find our friend patches

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

were you genuinely concerned enough that the team from bloodborne would make something bad that you needed reviewers to tell you that it would be ok to enjoy the video game

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I beat the general miniboss and found the chained ogre but I’m missing the axe and fire tools, and I haven’t seen the estates or whatever I’ve seen mentioned. Did I miss a divergent path at the begging? I’ve been searching for an hour and I just can’t figure out where I went wrong

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

goferchan posted:

Did you find the friendly NPCs a little ways before the ogre? The mom gives you a prayer bead which you can offer to the buddha statue next to the sculptor. That's your ticket to Estates

Nope, I’ll look again thanks

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The castle gate remains closed.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Stealthgamerbr is making aekiro videos

https://youtu.be/WPDmyO4oqq4

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Honestly I thought the guy on the horse was one of the easiest parts. He has huge telegraphs and you can do the grappling hook attacks

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I killed Jinzu but the door in the basement is locked? I feel like I missed something dumb

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

WEIRd how they spend most of the intro training you not to play this like bloodborne and then you get to butterfly and suddenly it’s bloodborne again

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Can’t decide if I would be more excited for DLC that added more content to play as Wolf, or DLC that lets you replay the main campaign as a different style/character (shinobi hunter style, butterfly style, etc)

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I was super stressed over Shinobi hunter and kept dying and then after honing my skills I came back last night and two shot him with mikori counters. Thought the bull was impossible and then destroyed him once I actually took the time to learn his patterns. This game is bonkers... I’m working on butterfly and getting so close every time but I don’t have any snap peas

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Also I had no idea you could do the kick counter after jumping over a low sweep prompt until just now

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The themes and twist in BB is kind of impossible to top imo

I love sekiro but nothing will ever top those Old Hunters moments when you exit the clock tower after Maria and realize that you’ve been folding back through time and the original events up to seeing Kos on the beach

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Am I doing something wrong with the loaded spear? I even tried waiting for a visceral prompt and it still didn’t strip any of his armor off

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Never mind I just killed him by accident holy poo poo that surprised me

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Is Szechuan Warrior without confetti a nightmare? He doesn’t seem to take much damage without it and I don’t wanna farm it

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I really hope we get a poo poo load of dlc

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I said this a few other times but I really sincerely hope there's DLC that lets you replay the main campaign as different characters/styles, like a madame butterfly or genichiro style playthrough

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I feel like this game hasn't really stuck in my mind the way other From games have... I don't mean that as a criticism, I dunno. I'll definitely replay it, it's a fantastic game, I just don't think about it as much?

I used to daydream about Majula at work and I don’t think I’ve thought about sekiro once outside of playing it

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Do you guys think GRRM told Miyazaki how Clegaine dies and that’s why you kill armor knight the same sort of way

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

the combat isnt as smooth and the story is hot garbage but the new star wars game plays like a sekiro mod with star wars assets/

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I wish there was a Making Of for sekiro or something, would really like to know when/why they chose to transition from a Tenchu game to this. also Sekiro def sold more than BB because BB was $300 (worth every cent) and sekiro is on a bunch of platforms

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Really doesn't look like we're going to get any, i think the whole shop is working on the ring game

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I'm getting served sekiro ads again on twitch & youtube but its probably just because it won GotY

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

armor knight is the best character in from soft gaming

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I stopped playing this when i built my sick pc rig during the summer and I keep telling myself im gonna start over on pc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

im hopeful for elden ring but part of me is concerned that they have/will run in to time/scope issues and it gets cut down to another souls style game. which would probably still be good, theyve just never done anything that big before. ds2 was suppsed to be 'open world' before miyazaki had to go in and gut it to get it out the door