Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

trying to jack off posted:

more spoilers

Dynamic horse testicles, they shrink in cold weather
Name your horse
You can scold or praise your horse
Whistle radius grows when the horse bond grows
Horse equipment is fully customizable, from the saddle that has golden pins to the hair
A Dutch preview said they put dreadlocks in the hair of their horse
Horses poo poo dynamically
Walk your horse around
Jump from your horse onto a moving train
Brush your horses. Arthur makes remarks about the horse depending on the horses gender
Store horses in stables so you have more backup horses
Horses die and can't be resurrected
Tell a horse to flee to spare it's life
Horses kick behind them. In one preview they even killed a man
Horses have personalities
Horses move sideways
Horses can learn tricks

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

The special edition ps4 for this game is insane . It's not for sale, there's only like 30 and it's for winning some european preorder contest

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Poison swamp confirmed :worship: now i just need to know if elevators are in

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

You have to burn the windmill

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'm gonna wait to see more of this in action before laying the pipe on that purchase button. Leveling up has always been a major motivator in From Software games for me so I'm not sure I would have the uh, testicular fortitude, to make any real progress.

You still level up and lose XP on death (and money, they're separate currencies though) but you use levels to buy skills instead of upgrading stats

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

a Loving Dog posted:

Im really pissed of this game isnt out yet.

No kidding . I mostly have that whole weekend off work though which is a big treat ..... can't hardly wait

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Is the preload on the Quad available yet. God I can't wait for Friday.

Same here brother. Did you manage to get off work? That's a treat right there

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Looked into getting this from the Hong Kong PSN store because it comes out 12 hours early .... was expecting an insane markup on HK PSN cards but I didn't realize games were cheaper there so it ended up only being $52 :cool: Sekiro at noon

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Congratulations on having your CC information posted on the Chechen Dark Web

Schedule changed and now I won't be able to play until practically midnight anyway. Played myself lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Reviews are up..... i'm only skimming them but it's all 9s and 10s and people are saying the first playthrough took them 50 hours which is sweet, I was wondering if it would be a shorter game without all the RPG stuff in it

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

were you genuinely concerned enough that the team from bloodborne would make something bad that you needed reviewers to tell you that it would be ok to enjoy the video game

I've already paid for the game so I can't be too concerned . Just needed poison swamp confirmation for maximum hype

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

spb posted:

Wish there was a cheap way to get NordVPN...

drat. Right in the feels

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

American McGay posted:

Love to make a purchase by routing my internet connection through China as I input my credit card details in order to play the video game 12 hours early.

Lol insanely jelly

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Wormskull posted:

I don't like the look of the stealth stuff.

It's good . Just a way to like pare down multi enemy encounters to more manageable numbers before actually engaging . I feel like it serves the same purpose that cheesing with ranged weapons and exploiting aggro range did in souls games but feels less tedious and more satisfying

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Wormskull posted:

I never felt like I had to cheese in one of these games. Hopefully you can just go in guns blazing if your feeling badass enough instead of playing it like Middle Earth Batman Far Cry stealth bullass, like this guy I'm watching is doing.

My most recent souls experience is the DS2 DLC and Sunken City would have been miserable without whittling guys down with a bow . Now that I think about it though my first play through all the games I never really used ranged weapons . In my extremely limited Sekiro experience though you can basically do anything badass you want if you're good enough at the parry system

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

dark souls 2 is miserable no matter how you play it because its garbage

It's not a bad game it's just retarded

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

a Loving Dog posted:

Paking My Bowl

The toke is a lie lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

Shaved seconds off my refund time. :cheers: Thanks for the tip homie. Been looking forward to the payout all week.

Lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

I hate colored ledges to indicate where you can grab.

Me too lol that's my only criticism though

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's epic folks .

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's very hard lol . All the named enemy fights I've done are brutal

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Starting over because I killed a merchant lol.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I'm getting different Rot Essences after my restart, I guess it's random who it's from? Cool

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

a Loving Dog posted:

Drunk boy is whipping my rear end.

Yeah that fight is way overwhelming lol. Also man I'm really pleasantly surprised at how open this game is from the beginning, there are like 4 different bosses I can fight and die to right now

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

When I had barely visible hp left and perfectly parried/visceraled the first strong enemy twice-- killing him, then falling off a ledge immediately after and dying ftw.

Early enemy spoilers (although video quality is so bad it doesn't really count)

https://twitter.com/goferchanswitch/status/1109143015795445760

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

The part after the Underbridge Valley idol gave me permanent soyface

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Killed my first actual boss and it felt so good

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lol I also found the Sekiro equivalent of covenant of champions but in this case it seems irreversible so I'm not going to even consider it . Fell for that poo poo in La Mulana and never again

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

American McGay posted:

I got hosed by a huge bull.

e; oops this isn't the Friday night thread

I'm stuck on that and the drunkard right now . Beating the boss before the bull felt so good

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

American McGay posted:

Firecracker arm is hype but I still haven't found one that makes me switch off the axe.

The fireblast one is really good if you carry around some oil urns to throw at people . If they're doused it seems to interrupt attacks and stun like 100% of the time ....... you're right though axe is incredibly hype and superarmor is really powerful when you're surrounded

edit: also I don't have the mats for it yet but it looks like the first axe upgrade gives it a spin attack which sounds incredible

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

i died on highwire lady a billion times then killed horse guy on my first try w only the lil heal pellets lol. my hands were shaking and my heart felt like it was going to explode

Horse guy seems a lot easier than lady butterfly, if you're patient and just wait for the grapple attack opportunities you can play it pretty safe . I haven't beaten lady butterfly yet but I think i have it figured out at this point

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

im not mad about having to try a bunch of times on lady butterfly, its a great fight

Yeah it owns and I love that so far bosses are like 10 seconds away from the closest respawn point . Makes it really fun to get your rear end kicked when you can try again almost immediately

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

The skill tree stuff is really impressive . Almost every upgrade is like interesting or exciting and there are so many of them-- I love that there's no like "+5% thrust damage" poo poo on there

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Dongicus posted:

the first proper boss feels like something out of ds3's endgame

Yeah lol it's like Lady Maria or something. I found the other option for "first proper boss" a lot easier for what it's worth

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

drat this game is starting to get good and freaky

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Anyone else make it to the castle dungeon? I met the creepy surgeon guy who was asking me to bring him somebody, and I tricked the samurai who's standing by the well you escape from during the tutorial into going to the dungeon. I got 3 chunks of wax out of the deal but now the vendor at the dungeon entrance is telling me I'll face consequences eventually. Oops

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Also I realized how "illusory walls " work in this game :facepalm: you have to press up against them

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

The insane Ninja above the screw attack pads is so badass

is that the purple guy? he is a much better ninja than me . Also man I'm sure there's a "critical path" I should be following but after making it to the castle this game feels way more open and nonlinear than any of the other games. I have like at least four different zones to explore, maybe more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

I'm still trying to finish the Buddha statue area, and then I'll go back to the actual world. Every area looks so fuckin cool even if it's relatively grounded so far. It would be tight if it got Bloodborne-Tier alien horrors later

Youre gonna love the endboss of that area. Not for alien horror reasons though