Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Agree about the music, especially how she was gone for the 90s thus far. I can easily see the daughter literally building a spaceship to save the day in the next Infinity War because it was a throw away line there at the end.

Overall, Captain bit-more-than decent to me. I enjoyed it. Reading this thread brings up a lot of good points that is knocking it down a few notches it otherwise wouldn't had I not read them.

Little bit too much 'oh hey a gameboy!' 'oh hey my favorite now bankrupt companies!' 'oh hey a motorola two-way!' and 'oh hey Don't go chasing waterfalls!'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Also shameful that there wasn't a single can of Surge anywhere to be seen.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Was there another post credits scene after the standard style credits? I stayed for the first one that came up after CAPTAIN MARVEL but my son really had to pee so didn't sit through the boring credits.

If so, someone mind spoilering the jist of it? Was it just a young Bruce Banner throwing switches in a power plant like that Barq's root beer commercial? Or Tony interviewing for a job and mispronouncing Mr. Dumas's name?

gently caress you I loved the 90s

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

DC Murderverse posted:

that whole speech/scene reminded me so much of Ben Shapiro/Steven Crowder and their ilk constantly challenging people to debates.

edit;

Goose hacking up the Tesseract like a hairball

Goddamnit.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Found the one person who liked the "I'm just a girl" choice. To their (discredit) though, they also loved all of the pop culture references in the Ready Player One and disagreed with me that it was too much.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Again, Earth is literally called "a shithole" in the film, and the writers knew exactly what they were doing by using that word of all words.

Being accurate? :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

This thread's dying, Cloud.