Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

oh no not.... textbook contempt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

JuulPodSaveAmerica
Aug 29, 2012

Byolante posted:

Just remember the new left credo of 'no bad tactics only bad targets'. Its why using racial slurs is fine if you are calling a policeman the n-bomb as a white guy, or smashing somebody in the head with a bike lock is ok if they were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

the concept you are arguing against is so far removed from the post you responded from that I am in shock that you even posted it. like when you strawman somebody you're supposed to say what the strawman is so we know what fictional point you're arguing against, the way you're framing it is totally off.
but is it a strawman of a strawman
is it merely a refraction
reveries
hallucinations
refractions of posts
a wilderness of mirrors

what an astonishingly bad post.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

CharlestheHammer posted:

I am surprised we have people that post in CSPAM that believe the Trump won because Russia meme.

I thought that was only believed by suburban Dems that can’t accept they are out of touch with the general public.

you must not read any of the terrible trump threads in this subforum

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

imagine thinking chelsea manning needs to be locked up because mother lost her election

this thread is full of dreadful takes

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Was this thread moved from D&D?

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Tokamak posted:

Was this thread moved from D&D?

no there are just a lot of lovely liberal posters in cspam and nothing brings them out like chelsea manning, glenn greenwald, assange, anyone or thing critical or damning of the neoliberal dnc establishment really

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
deport all the libs and make them pay for a firewall to keep em out

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

It's a bad thread when byloante rambling about bike lock guy is one of the better posts.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

for the most part the libs in cspam stick to trump threads because piss tape memes are still riotously funny in 2019

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Percelus posted:

for the most part the libs in cspam stick to trump threads because piss tape memes are still riotously funny in 2019

Regardless, it's real.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Byolante posted:

Pig is fine, uncle tom is a real bad look

how bout bootlicker

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

JuulPodSaveAmerica posted:

the concept you are arguing against is so far removed from the post you responded from that I am in shock that you even posted it. like when you strawman somebody you're supposed to say what the strawman is so we know what fictional point you're arguing against, the way you're framing it is totally off.
but is it a strawman of a strawman
is it merely a refraction
reveries
hallucinations
refractions of posts
a wilderness of mirrors

what an astonishingly bad post.

I mean if you can't understand the link between new left and liberals demonising the truth because it poorly impacts the people they view on their side and their propensity to attack anyone who they think might not be on their side then cool I guess. Its not like there are people in this thread saying 'its ok to send somebody to jail for not complying with a kangaroo court because 2 years ago a fantasy made up in the mind of a sociopath explains why trump won'

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Byolante posted, lock and gas this thread immediately

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Byolante posted:

I mean if you can't understand the link between new left and liberals demonising the truth because it poorly impacts the people they view on their side and their propensity to attack anyone who they think might not be on their side then cool I guess. Its not like there are people in this thread saying 'its ok to send somebody to jail for not complying with a kangaroo court because 2 years ago a fantasy made up in the mind of a sociopath explains why trump won'

those are liberals, libs support the hardmen in the state making serious and hard choices like torturing people and murdering children. The left is not for that.
We will collectively eat the rich tho

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

bernie lost because he ran a really lovely campaign because by the time he started running the only people available to manage a campaign were d listers, presidential campaigns are a big jump from running for senate in a state best known for one of the highest drug addiction rates

the rest of this post is also really stupid, but what is this even supposed to be implying lol

JuulPodSaveAmerica
Aug 29, 2012

Victory Position posted:

Byolante posted, lock and gas this thread immediately

GoluboiOgon
Aug 19, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ytlaya posted:

the rest of this post is also really stupid, but what is this even supposed to be implying lol

vermont isn't sending their best. some of them are maple syrup addicts, some of them wrote an article fifty years ago that when taken out of context can be read as rape fantasy, and some of them, i assume, are good people.

and on topic, chelsea manning gets a lot of flack rightly for attending social events with the alt-right, but she seemed to have been invited to both events by cassandra fairbanks, who has supposedly worked as an informant in the occupy movement for either project veritas or the feds. cassandra fairbanks made an effort to befriend chelsea when she was imprisoned, and they kept up contact after chelsea's release. it was dumb of chelsea to go to the events, and rightly torpedoed her senate bid, but i suspect that she would never have gone if she wasn't trying to be friends with someone who was almost certainly a provocateur.

GoluboiOgon has issued a correction as of 09:49 on Mar 10, 2019

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

GoluboiOgon posted:

vermont isn't sending their best. some of them are maple syrup addicts, some of them wrote an article fifty years ago that when taken out of context can be read as rape fantasy, and some of them, i assume, are good people.

and on topic, chelsea manning gets a lot of flack rightly for attending social events with the alt-right, but she seemed to have been invited to both events by cassandra fairbanks, who has supposedly worked as an informant in the occupy movement for either project veritas or the feds. cassandra fairbanks made an effort to befriend chelsea when she was imprisoned, and they kept up contact after chelsea's release. it was dumb of chelsea to go to the events, and rightly torpedoed her senate bid, but i suspect that she would never have gone if she wasn't trying to be friends with someone who was almost certainly a provocateur.

If chelsea wants to hang out with right-wing shills i don't really feel the need to support her.

Byolante, big fan of nazis and corporate power.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Byolante hasn't been this owneD since Godzilla Vs
Byolante (1989)

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean you can care about other dirt but that doesn’t change the fact the dirt they are releasing is real. He may have bad intentions but it honestly doesn’t really matter

does it though :thunk:

someone that has bad intentions and is selectively posting (or has a history of selectively posting) is just as good as fox news or any other lovely news org that curates what it wants its audience to know

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
what that isn’t true.

are you saying all of what Fox News says is true?

you really want to go down that road

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
this is still happening???? yikes

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

CharlestheHammer posted:

what that isn’t true.

are you saying all of what Fox News says is true?

you really want to go down that road

im saying they selectively leak poo poo which is no better than what fox news does

try to keep up

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
like imaging building up what Fox News does to own the assange

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

CharlestheHammer posted:

like imaging building up what Fox News does to own the assange

like refuting any claim I've made instead of building a strawman

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Fox News does not selectively leak things, nor do they report truthfully.

get better at comparisons instead of getting mad at me for your poorly thought out comparison

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
both have a history of burying stories, both have a history of going to bat for right wing billionaires, and both have a history of attacking orgs that threaten their mealticket

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Marketing New Brain posted:

If it isn’t about protecting someone by not testifying, why not testify and then violate the gag order or whatever? Seems like the more principled stance and openly defying secret courts seems more on target than this procedural violation.

she supports the nazis

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MysteriousStranger posted:

she supports the nazis

Gringostar posted:

both have a history of burying stories, both have a history of going to bat for right wing billionaires, and both have a history of attacking orgs that threaten their mealticket

you’re scum, hth

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Devil Cracker Nation Imprisons and Tortures Trans Woman to Coerce Testimony

Liberals: This is good and normal, actually.

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Mecha Gojira posted:

:qq: but shes protecting the bad man who hurt mother :qq:

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

:qq: but shes protecting the bad man who hurt mother :qq:

I heard she hung out with the alt-right once like a month after getting out of military prison. Cancelled. Lock her up and throw away the key I say!

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Taintrunner posted:

you’re scum, hth

thanks for the well reasoned rebuttal :tipshat:

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Gringostar posted:

If the information they release is true what does it matter if they only release information about the USA or the Democrats?

You can use multiple sources to assemble a full picture. That's what people need to do anyway because there are no unbiased news sources regardless.

It's just not relevant that "the Russians hacked us and leaked it" if the information gained as a result is true. They never even bothered to deny it or say there were doctored emails, they just cried foul at the information breach. Well... I don't care. I don't care that it was Russians who did it (if that's even true because who loving knows at the end of the day really) or if some teen hacker collective did it or if some intern just leaked everything or what.

Assange seems like a douche but so what? That's again not relevant to the substance of the information being leaked.

COMRADES has issued a correction as of 17:36 on Mar 10, 2019

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Mecha Gojira posted:

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Gringostar posted:

DEBATE ME YOU COWARD!

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

https://twitter.com/spaceprole/status/1104093312733114368

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gringostar posted:

rebuttals are for those who aren’t lower than loving dirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

COMRADES posted:

If the information they release is true what does it matter if they only release information about the USA or Democrats?

You can use multiple sources to assemble a full picture. That's what people need to do anyway because there are no unbiased news sources regardless.

it's not that they just selectively release information (which on its own is bad for any transparency org which they claim to be) but also that they attack other orgs for releasing information that they refuse to