Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Taintrunner posted:

rebuttals are for those who aren’t lower than loving dirt.

shut the gently caress up liberal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Gringostar posted:

don't sign your posts

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Gringostar posted:

but also that they attack other orgs for releasing information that they refuse to

That sucks and I don't like that.

:shrug:

How do they do that, like just poo poo talking them or actually trying to do something like a ddos or?

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

COMRADES posted:

That sucks and I don't like that.

:shrug:

How do they do that, like just poo poo talking them or actually trying to do something like a ddos or?

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/717458064324964352?s=20

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Okay. How does this undermine the veracity of the documents they leak?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Mecha Gojira posted:

Devil Cracker Nation Imprisons and Tortures Trans Woman to Coerce Testimony

Liberals: This is good and normal, actually.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

Okay. How does this undermine the veracity of the documents they leak?

please quote me where I've said what they've chosen to link has been wrong

you're like the 3-4th person to try to strawman that argument on me here

what I've said is that they're bad because they curate what to leak which is bad for a supposed transparency org and they they bash other transparency orgs that attack right wing billionaires... which apparently a bunch of fake rear end leftists seem to be a-o-k with itt

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Gringostar posted:

please quote me where I've said what they've chosen to link has been wrong

you're like the 3-4th person to try to strawman that argument on me here

what I've said is that they're bad because they curate what to leak which is bad for a supposed transparency org and they they bash other transparency orgs that attack right wing billionaires... which apparently a bunch of fake rear end leftists seem to be a-o-k with itt

So they selectively publish accurate information but are mean to people on Twitter. That's why you're mad at them?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

he literally can't fathom prizing real information over the personal politics of the assholes leaking it lmfao

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

So they selectively publish accurate information but are mean to people on Twitter. That's why you're mad at them?

giving cover to right wing orgs and billionaires is a bit worse so i don't know why you chose to leave that one out

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Gringostar posted:

lol nice try

OCCRP is funded by those though.

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Gringostar posted:

giving cover to right wing orgs and billionaires is a bit worse so i don't know why you chose to leave that one out

"they selectively publish accurate information but are mean to people on Twitter" pretty much covers that actually. Are they somehow preventing other information from being leaked?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
assange is a poo poo person and has taken wikileaks in an obviously partisan direction...

...but no one knew that in 2010 when WikiLeaks mostly just published stuff that damaged US imperialism and the military-industrial complex

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

basic hitler posted:

he literally can't fathom prizing real information over the personal politics of the assholes leaking it lmfao

but the real information caused mother to lose so people need to be put in cages

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
Regardless of whatever reason she deserves to indefinite political detention, it really warms my heart to see folks from both sides of the aisle really respecting the hell out of her gender identity.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Fiend posted:

Regardless of whatever reason she deserves to indefinite political detention, it really warms my heart to see folks from both sides of the aisle really respecting the hell out of her gender identity.

But NAZIS

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

basic hitler posted:

It really really doesnt matter what the politics of the people invplved are if the leaks are real and they are so vOv

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Gringostar posted:

it's not that they just selectively release information (which on its own is bad for any transparency org which they claim to be) but also that they attack other orgs for releasing information that they refuse to

didn't wikileaks try to dump a whole buncha macron's stuff right before the french election during their media blackout and people immediately noticed fake stuff in it

or was that someone else

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

didn't wikileaks try to dump a whole buncha macron's stuff right before the french election during their media blackout and people immediately noticed fake stuff in it

or was that someone else

iirc they didn't dump them but they along with the rest of the alt right amplified the hell out of them, all using identical phrasing to get it into the google algorithm

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
drat that girl fuckin loves going to prison

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf
So is she just doing this to protest sealed grand jury investigations, since she's got immunity?

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

I'mliterally the only nonliberal poster itt

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

For what its worth I'm glad that julian Assange has been arrested for textbook contempt

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
She knows that if she tells the truth about Seth rich she's next

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Byolante posted:

She knows that if she tells the truth about Seth rich she's next

gas thread, ban op

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gas thread permaban every sick gently caress itt trying to justify Chelsea’s imprisonment

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Imagine calling yourself a leftist while defending anything America does

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

GoluboiOgon posted:

and on topic, chelsea manning gets a lot of flack rightly for attending social events with the alt-right, but she seemed to have been invited to both events by cassandra fairbanks, who has supposedly worked as an informant in the occupy movement for either project veritas or the feds. cassandra fairbanks made an effort to befriend chelsea when she was imprisoned, and they kept up contact after chelsea's release. it was dumb of chelsea to go to the events, and rightly torpedoed her senate bid, but i suspect that she would never have gone if she wasn't trying to be friends with someone who was almost certainly a provocateur.

Is this real, she stayed friends with a government snitch? Jfc chelsea manning needs
  • freedom
  • a medal
  • a parade
  • a statue
  • better friends

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Fiend posted:

This reads like an onion headline

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

30.5 Days posted:

He's got to post his hot takes somewhere now he's been sacked by mic dot com

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

30.5 Days posted:

Did you not read that twitter exchange posted itt? A lib and 'moderate republican' literally had that conversation.

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

Byolante posted:

He's got to post his hot takes somewhere now he's been sacked by mic dot com

Hey - not cool.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Chelsea manning is still in jail

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1109516687223808006?s=19

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Chelsea was sentenced without a jury trial for direct criminal contempt right? I haven’t seen any mention of her sentence’s duration, but constitutionally she could be imprisoned for another 5 months.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
she hasn't been charged with anything because they don't need to charge her with anything

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

The Kingfish posted:

Chelsea was sentenced

she was not because grand juries don't NEED to.

the usa is a devil nation.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Al! posted:

she hasn't been charged with anything because they don't need to charge her with anything

I thought she was being held for contempt? In normal courts a judge can charge someone for criminal contempt, find them guilty, and sentence them to up to 6 months all without any formal proceedings whatsoever. Is that different when a grand jury is involved?

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

Coolness Averted posted:

yeah, and they're going to torture her again, her lawyer's request to have her put in home confinement or otherwise put in a situation where her medical needs are met has been rejected

They are doing this to someone that was pardoned by a goddamn President and they openly don't give a gently caress about it.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

The Kingfish posted:

I thought she was being held for contempt? In normal courts a judge can charge someone for criminal contempt, find them guilty, and sentence them to up to 6 months all without any formal proceedings whatsoever. Is that different when a grand jury is involved?

there are a ton of different flavors of contempt, not all of which have maximum durations

the current US record for longest term of imprisonment for contempt of court is fourteen years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

The Kingfish posted:

short version: Massively, yes.