Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?
I'll give you two, an image and a song:

I can't find the image at the moment but it's a few cropped panels from a manga of some little girl trying to fight back tears as they play with a little duck toy. I think it's a bit of a meme image, used in 'depressing picture' compilations and stuff like that. Seeing it for the first time hit me hard as it dredged up some buried memories that I haven't had to deal with for a long, long time. I cried and cried and cried. It's really dumb since the cropped panels are sourced from a really weird hentai, but at the time, I had no idea, and even knowing that now it still gets me nevertheless.

As for a song, it's Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GemKqzILV4w I know nothing about the band and I barely even know the song, but it came on randomly in the background at a certain depressing time in my life and now it always can bring me back there. Something about the chorus, "if I just lay here", sticks out to me, as that was all I wanted to do at that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU