Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I picked this up yesterday because hey, for 16 bucks why not, seems folks like it.

I started up and 4 hours later it’s almost 1am and yeah… so if anyone needs me this is where I’ll be :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Loving this game but holy poo poo it crashes a lot in the grasslands starting area. Or in general.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Good call on driver updates, it’s probably been a minute.

I’ve already got the urge to abandon my current set up and set something up elsewhere. I started in the jungly forest area because it was the first place that had a couple of iron and copper nodes near each other, but now I’m needing coal and it’s forever away. Plus the area for setting up a large factory floor is cramped, to say the least.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Is there anything cool worth doing Ficmas stuff for? There’s presents everywhere and I’m tempted to turn it off. Or at least I will once I get two more days of calendar goodies.

Basically should I stop what I’m doing and start doing this thing?

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I don’t suppose you unlock fast travel or teleporting or something at some point do you? This traveling by foot stuff is fine but the map is so huge I don’t know if I want to make the 20 minute slog home. But I also need hard drives….

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I have both of those and the legs were probably the single best upgrade QoL for traversal, but the explorer seemed meh enough that I disassembled it, and it felt like if I wasn’t on a clear path or there was anything at all in the way it’d stop

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

This loving game.

Started putting up large electric towers and holy poo poo all my traversal complaints are gone.

Also today I finished my coal plant…. And then decided to double it. It’s not much but I’m weirdly proud of it.

1200MW!

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Alright. I did it. I made my very first factory.

I've got my coal power plant running (Though I already probably need to expand) and shut down my spaghetti strand operations and set up a factory in that lake basin with the coal, copper, and iron. Half the coal is feeding the plant, the other half is feeding my new steel pipe and beam plant. I think I'm getting something like 60 beams and 45 pipe per minute.

Basically 240/m coal and iron go in. 6 smelters on the bottom floor turn the iron into ingots. That goes upstairs via floor lift conveyers into 6 foundries supplied by coal via conveyer walls, 3 on each side. That feeds up into the constructor room where one side makes pipe and the other beams. It was super fun working out exactly how it would all work. The 4th floor houses 6 each large storage containers that then feed into a small storage container on each side for easy access or direct link with space in front if I want to set something up quickly.

Have some pictures!

[

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

This dumb game absolutely enraptured me for like a month. The only thing that broke my hold was that I bought myself My Time at Sandrock as a Happy Vasectomy present. But even now i feel tempted to get back into it…