Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Fellblade posted:

Was really looking forward to giving this a go but the Epic password reset has got my account data totally backwards and sent me emails with other peoples names and as living in Thailand.

Don't really feel secure putting payment details into something that shoddy.

Make a 2nd paypal acct, transfer some money into it, use that to pay. Use a separate email for everything with Epic and it, etc.

Anyone else try the desert start and figure out how to deal with the drat bees? They're more relentless than the hogs, harder to hit, and position themselves to just combo you to death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Speedball posted:

And supposedly these three starting positions are all on the same map, so god drat how huge is this world? Didn't someone say like 30 x 30 kilometers? That's big. I don't care if the game isn't randomized, there's enough poo poo to get lost in you could easily have a ton of different games with the same start.

If you take about 1000 rods and 500 plates, you can build a space escalator (ramps) high enough to get a pretty decent view of the whole map. It's definitely the same map, but I do wish the spawn points were a bit more randomized. I've restarted a few times on the plains biome, and every time I've ended up across the same 3 iron deposit with 2 concrete and fairly nearby copper without even trying. And yes, it's probably the one you're thinking of, careful of the somewhat nearby poison rocks.

Speedball posted:

Whatever "alien organs" are used for doesn't seem to be implemented yet. Hopefully either a lot of biomass or a way to get health back.

You can burn it directly, it's only 250MJ though

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

How do people normally go about laying longish belts? If you put the tower down first it might not reach, but it you don't it will stay along the ground...

I've been just trying to make the belt as long as it will allow along the terrain, then swapping to the posts and placing that at the limit I found with the belt.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Jagged Jim posted:

So how do you actually drop items in this game? I want to pet the Doggo but he keeps running away from me. :(

Just drag it off the inventory screen

Another thing helpful if you're bad at reading tooltips. You can ctrl+drag between inventories to move all of a type of item between things

Slickdrac fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Mar 22, 2019

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

zxqv8 posted:

You can just ctrl-click for all of that type and it'll shift it over. No dragging required.

Shift click for just that one stack.

Shift click works. Ctrl Click does nothing.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

RVWinkle posted:

It's Ctrl click and drag. You drag one stack to the desired container and it moves all stacks of the same type.

And we're full circle on this quote chain :v:

nielsm posted:

Finally exploring far away, looking for oil. Driving around a big lake, and there's more and more of these creatures that shoot magic missiles. Any tips for dealing with them? They take more rebar gun shots than I can hit before dying to them, and fighting them with the sword isn't very successful either.
Edit: They seem to ignore me while I'm in the tractor, but attack as soon as I step off.

Best way I've found is to jump over them repeatedly and stab em in the back as you sail over. They're still going to get some good shots, but losing 4 health is better than 12. If there's several, you could ragdoll one of them with the tractor away from the other, then fight it.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Clipping is evil and all, but am I crazy thinking both of these look actually somewhat natural if you pretend they're supposed to be extensions from the splitters?

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

uPen posted:

A spider when you've got arachnophobia mode turned on.

Speaking of that mode, don't have it on in Multiplayer unless you enjoy some chaos. If anyone has it enabled, it can make the spiders become invisible and almost entirely impossible to hit.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Ambaire posted:

Protip for biomass: use your mouse software to macro "repeatedly press 'e' every .025s" to a side button. Helps a lot. Especially if your mouse software supports game profiles so it only activates when you're playing Satisfactory. You need to set the executable to "FactoryGame-Win64-Shipping.exe".

I know this only works for bushes, and doesn't apply for the chainsaw. Fortunately, if you rush coal power, you should only have to worry about biomass for a couple hours at most. Only automating what you need to also helps to minimize the tree cutting grind.

I just use a toggling AHK script, which can swap between clicking if you're building a long platform, or smashing e to pick things up.

code:
`::
Period := Period = 1 ? "OFF" : 1
SetTimer Click, %Period%
Return

Click:
;sendinput e
click
sleep 20
Return
Toggles with `

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Definitely play around with it a bit to understand what/how the different things will mess with, since you can pretty easily build things through your base that you don't intend to and it will generally happily clip through everything. Also holding a modifier key like "p" and hitting the arrow keys will shift between only effecting X axis, X+Y, or whatever combo.

I've had some extra crashes on autosave when it does it in the middle of building some large structure a couple times, not sure if it's due to the mod or just random.