Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009

Fellblade posted:

Was really looking forward to giving this a go but the Epic password reset has got my account data totally backwards and sent me emails with other peoples names and as living in Thailand.

Don't really feel secure putting payment details into something that shoddy.

weird, this exact thing happened to me. i wonder if they didn't have email address verification early on or something and a bunch of scammers in thailand mass registered a ton of gmail accounts? :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009

Ambaire posted:

Well, I finally caved in last night, downloaded the epic games launcher and bought Satisfactory. ... It's quite satisfactory, heh. Put ~4 hours into the grassy plains map and then started a new game in the jungle map. I'm still playing that map nearly 6 hours later.. stayed up all night playing this dumb game, lol. It's really good so far; this is the game that Fortresscraft Evolved wishes it could be.

Finally got to coal power about half an hour ago, found a coal patch and set up a mine and decided to set up power right there too since it's an infinite deposit. It's a pure deposit so at 120 coal per minute, I got about 500MW of power to use up now once I build 5 more coal gens. Almost feels like cheating after the hassle I went thru to get biofuel automated and a biogen array.

Edit: Also, I am abusing the gently caress out of the foundations since they aren't affected by gravity or anything. Built a hover platform over the valley next to my base area and put the space elevator there. I still need to do a fuckton of rebuilding and fixing this production line.. recently tore up everything to automate reinforced plates at 30/min thanks to a 10 plate + 24 screw = 3 plate special recipe that happens to use exactly 60 screws per minute.

oh hey, you built your factory exactly where mine is on that map (your coal plant area looks almost identical to mine, too). if you put some power shards in the miner you can get up to 300/min which is enough to run all that power *and* feed your steel industry.