Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I've had the best luck with that by building the turnoffs to each station first, then connecting them with straight segments after the fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Personally I still use satisfactory-calculator and just do that particular optimization myself. get my production line set up with whatever set of alternate recipes I wanna use, put in 20 or 30 as my output for Modular Frames or whatever, the starting number doesn't matter. take your starting output, divide it by however much iron ore that's using, and then multiply by 480, or whatever you might be overclocking your miners to.

So example: Modular frames, using smelters, stitched iron plate, and iron wire, gets you 10 modular frames using 190.56 iron ore. (10/190.56)*480 = 25.18 frames per minute. Throw in refineries and the pure iron recipe and that uses 102.61 iron ore to make 10 mod frames, which scales up to 46.78 frames/min at 480 ore/min.

It sounds tedious but compared to the process of actually building out the drat thing, it's such a cakewalk you may as well.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Does the game continue to recognize blueprinted sections as such long after the fact? Like, could you come back to your example many hours later and plunk down more and have them snap like that? Or do they all have to be built in one build gun... "session", I guess?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

lift ports ports top and bottom, with a toggle to put the splitter input/merger output on those faces instead of just the four sides, would be so loving ideal

SettingSun posted:

Why can we still not ride the conveyor elevators!!!

or at the very least have the outside be climbable? but I guess the intended behavior is building ladders and ramps and catwalks and whatnot, so doesn't seem likely.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Yeah, I think the last time i had any issues with the floor holes was when they were still a fairly new thing. just gotta make sure you're getting the *blip* noise that indicates you're actually aiming at them, and not accidentally dragging your aim past them and through the floor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Not the ceiling pipe supports, though, which has irked me on several occasions.