Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
I'm quite ready to waste some time in this game. I'll dive on that EA grenade on the Epic Store for those of us with more sense.

Satisfactory: The factory grows to meet the needs of the growing factory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

5pm GMT.

What I'd like to know is if there might be any benefit to keeping the preview build installed to speed things up or if it'll be a full download again.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

The HUB needs to act as the start of a grid to which you can snap your foundations.

Perhaps other buildings as well, (looking at you, miners) but definitely the hub.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

It's confusing because it states in the miner details that they produce slower or faster based on the purity of the node, and then they place a pure chunk on top but you can't put your miner on it.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

You can just ctrl-click for all of that type and it'll shift it over. No dragging required.

Shift click for just that one stack.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Slickdrac posted:

Shift click works. Ctrl Click does nothing.

So it doesn't. Hmm. I could swear it once did. Perhaps I just mixed it up with Factorio.

It really should, though.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

I can't imagine they won't have other maps in the future, rather than just three starts on the same map

Also, something more to do with all the gobs of raw and processed resources you gather along the way. Hopefully it has some sort of infinitely progressing endgame ala factorio to give the factory some sort of meager purpose after you've unlocked the main stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Don't forget, the flimsy lore the game has states that your goal as Ficsit employee/property is to provide resources for Project Assembly. Currently we know essentially nothing about what that is, so perhaps it's the ultimate resource sink we'll get once the game is feature complete and ready to leave early access.