Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Early game layouts and managing fuel and how much you have to hand craft before automation really gets going are kinda annoying, but not dealbreakers. Its so hard to place things when on the same level as the thing you're placing. It also might need some optimization since it runs ok on my 1070, but caps out my 3770k at 100% with all detail cranked. Definitely need a separate toggle for motion blur so you don't have to turn all post processing to low to kill it. Inventory space feels needlessly restrictive considering how many things you need even just through tier 3.

I can see myself playing this, at least once or twice through each map but will probably wait for steam release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

I keep having to remind myself that I can climb cliffs and cross gaps as the player by just making a conveyor, then deconstructing it.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

ModeSix posted:

I hate to rain on your parade, but you're going to be waiting for quite a long time.

Yeah that's fine, I can wait, Plenty of other things to play.

To add to epic launcher security issues, 5 new friend requests from random people while I was offline since last night. No clue who they are, can only assume bullshit bots. I also noticed you can connect to steam to search for friends to add in epic, which is pretty funny.

Finally got to coal last night, about 5 hours in. It took a trip or two back and forth but I decided to just make the power generators next to the mining spots for easier logistics. Nice to finally go exploring for a while without worrying about my base shutting off.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Looking at recipes during the weekend, I completely skipped over pretty much all of the walls and structural things because I thought why do we need walls there are no attacks so I ignored them. Watching a video after the fact shows how stupid that was.

I really wish I had gone and just built one of everything possible just to see what it did. Folks building so their factory is just floating up in the sky feels really hackney though

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

:toot:

I played the open beta free test but have just been waiting for steam. Are things pretty stable and set now?