Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Bought this today and have already put a good few hours into it, just got the rebar gun.
What level does the map come in?
I have a map key but it does nothing.

e: crap, didnt find it at first, after researching quartz

OgNar fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Apr 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Not sure what the problem is here.
One ore line split into 2 smelters, but one is always full while the other is empty.
Tried tearing the conveyors down and rebuilding and also tried giving the one on the left a 2x conveyor.
I split my other lines with no problems, but why is this one giving me problems?

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Hmm, I think that smelter is Rods for frame production, thats always a slow one.
Maybe i'll split it for another Plate line.

Thanks

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Nukelear v.2 posted:

- Stackable factory designs that allow you to easily scale up production of a target item by building new floors, you can copy these or once you get the idea just design them yourself http://bit.ly/satisfactory-floor-plans

Sweet, this is exactly what I needed.
I can think 4-5 steps ahead in a puzzle game but figuring out what should be simple math for setups like these and my eyes just glaze over.
Yet I still love this stuff, I just wing it and adjust when needed.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

chainchompz posted:

Just got this game as part of a Hubble bundle and already sunk 8hrs into it. Are there any guides for building compact factories, and do I eventually get access to a rover or hovercar?

I think i've only built one of these things once, but its good for ideas.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLq9Y70tVqn5i6p-WmLpqXizTlYs9acMaw

His discussion on water mechanics is good though, in the coal generators video.

I've just recently gotten back into it also, never got further than T2 miners before.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Biggest doggos today

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Have been playing a lot lately and forgot how much fear this game instills in me.
I mean I can build a single block wide bridge across lava in the Nether with no problems but somehow building a platform ramp up the side of a cliff or across to a drop pod just terrifies me.
I have a bizarre fear of rooftops but not flying IRL, somehow this game captures the rooftops part.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Otacon posted:

Thank you for this playlist. I tried looking up Satisfactory guides on Youtube and wasn't able to find many that were tolerable. Scalti explains everything they're doing really well. Very helpful!

I do like Scaltis stuff for compact and cleanliness.
I just used 2 of TotalXclipses tutorials for computer/super computer, though I found his explanations confusing as hell sometimes.
But in the end they do work pretty good.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxpToD1Are7gX-QGoY4OKW2D3rLHZeIs6

I tried using the production planner on satisfactory-calculator.com for heavy modular frames the other day building it myself and I got lost a few times because its example is a mess.
I think i'll stick with the YT vids.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Satisfactory-calculator.com is good for the world map but I've never liked their production planner. Try this one instead, I find it a lot easier to use/read:

https://www.satisfactorytools.com/production

It is, thank you.

I died in the most horrible way yesterday out HD hunting.
At a drop pod in a gas field thats in water.
I started taking radiation damage so started grabbing anything laying about.
Of course what was laying about was barrels of toxic waste (I think).
Had like 4 HDs on me and a full inventory from all the stuff and no way to retrieve it until I unlock hazard suits.
I just unlocked Bauxite so thats a bit away.
Oh well.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

First time I played I kinda petered out before getting to trains.
I just built my first single track with a loop at both ends, simple stuff.
Have been watching vids for ideas and this one was just amazing.

I can't imagine the time it took to plan and build it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhY65G8fByY

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Enjoying my first foray into a map wide rail system but by the time I logged off my trains had crashed for the 3rd time at a new Sulphur station.
Not sure why they are crashing at this intersection, may just have to spread the connection out more.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Dunno-Lars posted:

Put a train where they crash and manually drive another, and you'll find out pretty fast. My guess is a corner being just a tiny bit too close.

But I thought that the new signals would show those cases as part of the same block even when across different rails.

For the life of me I could not figure out what the problem was. I ended up routing one connection of the intersection underneath and then merging rather than just a straight T junction.
Has been running an hour with no crashes now.
While I was doing that another set of trains stopped working which WAS 2 opposing routes too close together.

Maybe if I would just pave over the whole map instead of trying to keep some natural elements intact for view.
That would make it a lot easier.

Also I have been getting a lot of key errors which after a few searches shows that its been going on for years.
https://questions.satisfactorygame.com/post/617b316f831c852052355430

While those problem are for the Use key I'm pretty sure its using 2 keys at the same time that just randomly bugs out.
I have had my Use key stop working on various occasions with only a reload to fix it.
When It stops I have tried changing it to another and that key to a movement and while movement worked the new Use key still didnt.
I also occasionally cannot attack or jump while running, which makes fighting spitters a real pain.
That one fixes itself after a short bit, but the Use key only after a reload.
Not major problems but still annoyances.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Kinda lost interest after I built a mega factory up north and then days later they state "delete everything in the area, because we are revamping the whole place".
Meh, I have another month or 2 to go in and flatten/rebuild elsewhere.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

You can copy + paste your factories in the online map viewer to relocate everything if you're worried about them disappearing into the new terrain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VBO4Fc-AoQ

You'll still have to deal with all the input lines going into the factory but it's a lot easier than having to completely rebuild. Also good for quickly tearing down a large factory instead of manually deleting everything. I've got this 10GW fuel plant sitting right in the middle of the Spire Coast and I'm just going to copy the whole thing over to the Gold Coast when the time comes. Only input line to worry about is a single oil pipe.

Going through this video now, and it has good instructions.
Thanks for this.

Seems i'm most likely going to have multiple moves though.
Since my computer/supercomputer factory is actually hanging off the side of the cliff and there is a lot of stuff below like tubing and conveyors to get the plastic up.
Guessing i will have to move it, delete everything below and then shift it down to sea level since I will be shipping ore in to where it will be.
Debating on whether to move the coal power on the left or not since its not actually in the affected area, but may be on the line.
I guess I could shift that coal power a little north just to be safe.

e:You know, I could really use conveyors that attach to a ceiling.

OgNar fucked around with this message at 00:48 on May 5, 2022

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

While I still have things like rubber production in that area, I should be good to go if anything gets lost.
I copied my one super comp factory out but left the old one there just in case it works.

Everything I am doing now is simply going around to every node I dont have a train station at and setting one up and possibly refineries if there is water nearby to produce even more.
All to one day attempt the final phase of the space elevator.
I do have nuclear and particle to unlock but am not in any rush or need as yet.
Plus I need some more factories built to do that.

Seems you just need a lot of loving ore for that last bit of production.

I have had to re-do quite a bit of my rail system because I was sloppy to begin with and that just causes a mess the more and more trains you add in.
I see now why everyone just makes a raised level and just dyson spheres the whole map.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

When I heard that in a video I tried it, my mouse 4 does nothing, and when I tried to rebind it a different name shows and still nothing happens.
It doesnt seem to like my mouse.

e: i remembered wrong, it shows as thumb mouse button, but when I tried to rebind to mouse 4 it doesnt recognize any of my extra mouse buttons.
I bind mouse 4 regularly in games, so should be fine.

OgNar fucked around with this message at 17:51 on May 10, 2022

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Available now if you use mods.
Been using this one for awhile, very useful.

Better Radar
https://ficsit.app/mod/qLjKvi1i7Tfi3

priznat posted:

I found the radar towers were too late in game, did they move them up since I played last?

Usually by the time I could build one I already had the area mapped out.

This update will move the map further up and be unlocked much earlier.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They actually said in the latest video to not even bother picking those things up.
I kinda stopped awhile back.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

If they changed their minds and decided they arent going to do anything with them, they could at least let us convert them into power thingies.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

One day I was tired of waiting for extra items to buy me tickets and went around to every unused quartz/caterium node I knew of and set up basic production at each feeding into a ticket maker.
Making sure each was maxed out on production of what it would make right there.
And left it running overnight.
By morning I had enough tickets to be just short of everything I wanted to buy short of road emblems and the like.
Now the only thing I spend on is filters and things made with cave mushrooms.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Release video scheduled for 5am tomorrow. :/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6bo0pjYghk

"Join us as we count down to the release of Update 6 on Experimental! We'll hang out with a couple of folks from Coffee Stain and check out the current state of the game. Update 6 drops somewhere around 5pm CEST"

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Ice Fist posted:

I'm pretty sure the hatchers can't be permanently killed. Had the same problem as you, murdered the hatchers. Came back later and they were active again. Which sucks alot. Don't want to leave experimental though if for no other reason than the game is letting me use multiple tools at once.

They can be blocked with foundations.
Monsters dont spawn near foundations.
Or has that changed with the update?

I've previously just killed the hatchers and laid down something so I didnt have to deal with it again the next time I came through.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Those bastards

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

I have never gotten into it, yet.
But there are a bunch of YT videos about nuclear setups with no waste.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Just create a new unattached powerline and then put another where you want to go.
Constructing and deconstructing as you go.
Zipline to your hearts content.
I climbed some high spires this way.

Or attached even, I spent quite a bit of time just traveling the map, spider webbing powerlines everywhere as I was searching for hard dives, because I would eventually need them.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

MerrMan posted:

Any tips for constructing multiple train stops together? I'm starting my first big Aluminum build - copper, bauxite and limestone are all pretty close but quartz and coal are a bit farther away so I thought "Hey this is a good time to start loving with trains". It's been... frustrating. I'm trying to build 3 stops to service it: Quartz and Coal inbound, Aluminum Ingot outbound.

I tried watching some videos on how to effectively do tighter turns (crossing 3x3 foundations) and I can do an ok job with just random pieces of rail, but trying to junction them together near train stops in a way that's actually useful is driving me insane. It tells me the turns are too tight or I can't junction at a certain spot in my main rail.

Luckily I had about 20 Hard Drives built up to chase Diluted Fuel while I was mucking around with this so it's fine, but man has it been an exercise in futility trying to get these stupid rails to split off the main line and actual go in to a stop.

This might be kinda similar to CainForteas setup.
Not something i'm using now but something I found on reddit before.
I would likely use one side as input and the other as output, expand as needed.

What I am using now is starting to become a total mess as I have started to expand.
I will have to clean it up soon and switch to this style.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Cross quote from OSHA thread because, holy poo poo, this would be cool in Satisfactory.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Just a rundown of the new stuff for those like me who didnt look at experimental

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuQeyw35sAU

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

I loaded my world today to see what chaos the Satisfactory gods created.
And while my rails/conveyors do spend quite a few meters inside hills/rock spires now, overall my stuff still works and I duped/moved my factory for nothing.
But while hovering around the map I did discover the same thing and kept getting chased by large spiders on top of my rails where they've never been before.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

I use
Destructible Gas Pillars https://ficsit.app/mod/DestructibleGasPillars
Container Screens https://ficsit.app/mod/ContainerScreen
and Auto Loot https://ficsit.app/mod/AutoGetLoot
That last one can be rather cheaty because it has a wide range and can grab stuff around hard drives surrounded by gas/rads.
I usually have to turn it off after awhile because it fills up my inventory with edibles.

OgNar fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Sep 25, 2022

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

On my last save I had a computer factory on that spot, but it was on the edge and about 10 tiles over the chasm.
One of its legs was for a hypertube to the bottom and to bring plastic up.

That was one of the factories I moved in fear of update 6 screwing it up, turns out that spot was fine and I started anew save anyway, because why not.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

I went rather cheaty on this save and imported a premade rail system.
It was even more cheaty than I anticipated though and already has train stations w/trains running and geothermal generators to power them.
I at least havent touched it though out of some sense of it not being my level yet.

I mean I could have done the whole rail system by myself again, but it was just going to be buggy with crossed rails and look like poo poo anyway.

e: Here is what I used.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4JfdYai3jM

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

FISHMANPET posted:

Wait how do you do blueprints?

For instance, the rail system I downloaded was here.
https://satisfactory-calculator.com/blueprints/index/details/id/1260/name/%2A%2ANew+Global+Railway+-+U6+-+220+km+v+2.7%2A%2A

If you go here, import your save and on the map itself underneath the ruler icon is an import blueprint button. You just drag the downloaded file into that.
https://satisfactory-calculator.com/en/interactive-map

You can also create your own for duplicating builds or importing your rail/build to a new map

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

I've never tried it, but all of his other vids are the best.
But as Mailer mentioned, i've gotten to the last tier and have never hit my limit on power after building a large scale fuel generator setup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpD8WYWGzZ0

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Trying out a few new mods. Specifically the Smart mod.
Which is pretty drat amazing, but seems to have borked my ramp zooping.
I've looked through and tried different keys.
Found a few posts mentioning U, but I can only seem to make ramps move horizontal.
I cant change modes any more, its just Smart!&Zoop now.
What am I missing?

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

drat, oh well.
Not being able to zoop is a small price to pay for the utility of Smart overall.
Thanks

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Need a calculator that lets me tell it I have 2 pure nodes, but am only at tier 2 miners.
So it'll tell me how many foundries/refineries I'll need and ores/minute I'll get.
I dont see a way in either satisfactorytools or satisfactory-calculator to do this.
Are there any other production planners out there?

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Thanks, i was really trying to maximize my output.
Was attempting to startup a super/computer setup and maybe heavy modulars and realized I just didnt have enough input and started to just water refine everything first and work from there.
Sadly my brain is corroding and was trying to bypass any of my own math.

Yesterday I spent 30m trying to figure out why my train wouldnt pickup at my coal station finally to realize my station was backwards. :D

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

I have no idea wtf this is supposed to be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bORHrFbhSRs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Coffee Stain has a video up at 8am PST (less than 13h from now) explaining whatever their last preview video was about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KBQyjy-a6g

e:fb

OgNar fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Nov 11, 2022