Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

yeah this is really awesome, i'm really enjoying the free weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

thsi game is hella fun, it's giving me like a subnautica/factorio mixed vibe. i haven o idea what im doing, my factory is a mess, i just made it to coal, but so far everything is awesome.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

im so bad at this game. i just built the space elevator, which looks dope. to supply it with the cargo it needs, do you guys just build everything needed in one building to get one assembler crafting the smart chips or whatever theyre called? or do you have separate areas pumping out different things, like a building specifically for making GBS threads out iron plates/reinforced plates, another one for rotors, and then send those into another area to process into other parts?

currently i just have a few constructors feeding into a single assembler for rotors

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

awesome, thanks!

I think my problem is i have all my poo poo pumping into constructors and onwards so when i want to build something i have 0 parts since all my ratios right now are perfect, lol. so I cant get any iron plates since they're all going into my manufacturing. I should probably set up buffers with storage crates so I can just run an extra iron plate/rod making thing into it and just pick from there when needed, or drain it when needed elsewhere. I need to get better electricity though, biofuel is a pain in the rear end.

game loving owns so much though. the satisfactory planner thing is really nice for getting ratios of stuff.

i just started with factorio as well, i feel like both of these will be all my time for a bit.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Klyith posted:

100% a thing that I've always been stupefied that they tried to do any other way.

TBQH as someone who uses Smart, there are tradeoffs and I love the look of Zoop mode. Smart is far more powerful, but if you've never used it, the downside is that there's a minimum amount of fiddling around with rotations and key-holding. I'll use both, and in some ways I think they're even complimentary.

Like, sometimes placing 5 things with Smart isn't really faster than clicking 5 times, it's just less annoying. So zoop will place 2-20 things faster than smart, but smart has a big advantage at 10x10 and bigger. Personally a whole lot of stuff I do is in that lower range. Zoop will be perfect for that, assuming they get the contextual logic about how to build based on how the player drags the mouse right.

(Also you never used smart?! You build everything in massive boxes. Cripes, your index finder must be beefy as gently caress from that workout!)

I was gonna write about how Smart's auto-manifolding was functional, but ugly and annoying. For me anyways, because I care a lot about designing everything bespoke and very compact, and hate boring repetitive rows. But I haven't been playing satisfactory recently and decided to check if the mod had updates to fix that stuff.

And, um, holy poo poo.

what the gently caress, thats amazing.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

nice

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Roundboy posted:

Im surprised there is no power option between biofuel and coal. Sure its easy to get it up and running, but i dont have all the unlocks in place to make the coal area nice and its too ingrained to take it apart and redo it.

I (stupidly?) went for the rifle this playthrough, and it is god drat annoying to keep it loaded, but its my go to for the boss spitter/spider/lion. I wish there was more of a reaction when it hits so I can tell its working vs just burning ammo

...Also something to bridge the gap of jetpack vs blade runners. I really need the quick movement

i grabbed a mod that added some wind power stuff which was a nice supplement to biofuel.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

god i just got to steel and i feel like things just got 10x as complex

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

also holy gently caress the map is huge, i started in the forest since it said it was the newbie area and my god, ive explored like 10% of the map just running around down here

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

ok now the wait for SMART to update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

delete this