Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004

Noir89 posted:

I used lots and lots of explosives, seemed to work out great :v:

Josh, is that you?

Doing my first play through since update 5. researched all of tier 7 except for drones. Built 2 turbofuel plants that turn 600 oil pm to diluted fuel to turbo fuel which runs a total of 150 generators. Got the idea of building an all in one factory but I am realizing that even 2 tier 5 belts from a train station really isn't enough to feed enough raw materials into machines to really supply enough basics like steel and iron ingots to make everything. Might just suck it up and run it as best I can and let it run slow until everything can back up. Building just the 1 around the world train line was so much work, I really respect people who build a ton of train lines. Maybe in a future map I will figure it all out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
Did you use any kind of blueprints to build that? like is each generator section a blueprint?

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004

Bad Munki posted:

Nope, just the floor grid from foundation blocks, and the fact that it’ll snap placement but still allow a 45 on adjacent blocks.

That is, I used the 45+foundation snap to make the ring, then everything is built as an extension from that.

e: that is to say, I did it the hard way, piece by piece

working on an all in one factory, using blue prints and not even trying to make it pretty, it is so much work.. you are a mad man

Also I have been using signs as a light source in tunnels and stuff. They do decently since they snap to walls and don't need power. Not sure if that is an option or if I am digging a grave for my save.

TheJadedOne fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Dec 30, 2023