Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

You can make a loop off the side of your track as a turnaround, or you can put a locomotive on both ends of your train.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Leal posted:

I'm loving hyped for drones. Question is, will they be more or less likely to get caught up on everything.
I want to ride a drone!

Edit: I wonder if it would be faster than riding a train or using a normal hypertube.

Ardlen fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Mar 16, 2021

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Coffee Sludge posted:

[...] Now if they put in train track poles my list will be empty (for now).
Not sure if it exactly what you're looking for, but they did show the ability to grow pillars directly from floating train tracks down to the ground, and with zooping you can do it pretty quick.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Combat Pretzel posted:

TIL there's mass dismantle.
Even better, they improved it in Update 5:

Patch Notes posted:

While in Mass Dismantle mode, holding ‘Mouse Button 4’ (side button) will only keep either the most common, or the first, building type selected for dismantle

This makes it easier to exclude accidental selections while Mass Dismantling a specific type of building

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Vasudus posted:

Drones only need batteries from the point of origin right? Like if I had a drone hub in my new base and one at my old base, it would have enough power to make it there, pick up whatever parts, and then go back? I hope so because I don't want to have to ship batteries to two places.
Drones only need batteries at one of their hubs. If it isn't the one you built the drone at, you'll have to prime it with some batteries to get it started.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Are the train stations pointing the right directions? The train won't dock with a station when coming from the wrong direction.

<---Station <---Train---> Station--->

You can also solve it by only having one locomotive with loops on the ends.

Ardlen fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Dec 13, 2021

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

If you want tiny electric cars that don't need fuel, do everything with factory carts!

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Son of Rodney posted:

70 hours in and I still make silly old mistakes. Needed nitrogen so I went off to the nearest spot while merrily building a train track and station system to transport it. Only after building the supporting pipe system towards the train station did I notice the absence of a pipe port. Lmao. Ended up just piping it all the way back, but at least I got a neat train out of it.
You can build a fluid freight platform and transport fluid via train that way.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Can you use the arrow patterns on the foundations in a blueprint to help with input and output directions?

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Yes, they start up just fine. In fact, they continue to run without issue all year, it is just that the trees stop producing presents after fixmas ends, so eventually everything grinds to a halt.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

For medium or short distances of lowish throughput items, I just use factory carts. They don't need fuel so you can easily add more of them to their route.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Blueprints are out on early access, just need to hit Tier 4 to unlock it. I think experimental and early access are the same right now?

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Your posts about the Factory Cart build had me use them in some low throughput medium-range parts of my factory, where they work great. Not sure about incorporating cybertrucks though, but interested in seeing how it works out!

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

I've switched to using this linear accelerator style hypertube I found online: Hypertube Warp Room

I died too many times using actual hypercannons.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

You can get no indicator versions of the pipes from the awesome shop.

For conveyor walls, I just use the 1, 2, or 3 versions depending on how many holes I need.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

e: Closest thing is the main codex listing the items I think, don't know of anywhere in the UI that lists the recipes on their own. The Satisfactory Tools site lists them all in the production planner but you would still need to keep track yourself of whether or not you've unlocked them.
If you upload your map to the satisfactory calculator, you can see your recipe unlocks.

Doesn't help with the in-game lookup question though.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

zoux posted:

When I went to place it it was a single blueprint of a huge rear end full factory, not sure of the dimensions but magnitudes beyond 5x5. So what's going on there?
There are modded blueprint machines that are bigger than 5x5. You can use those blueprints without mods, but you cannot change them without the larger blueprint machine.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Man with Hat posted:

Speaking of vehicles, do people build roads for them in general or just drive them around? I still just use long rear end conveyors to train stations, maybe that's dumb
The only vehicle that really needs roads are factory carts, trying to drive those on the ground is a recipe for frustration.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

priznat posted:

Ah so only at game start? Can I load it into one of the websites and enable that?
No need. Just when you load your save, there should be a checkbox near the load button to turn on the advanced game settings.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

I just tried using my hypertube loop accelerators and I just get stuck going in circles now with Update 8. Is there anything I can do to fix them?

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

There's no real need to mess with the nodes. If a node is unreachable or something, the vehicle will ghost to it after a bit and continue on to the next one.

I agree about wait until empty. Drones do it by default even!

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

FISHMANPET posted:

I also turned enemies to passive because I kept encountering mobs of spitters or hogs that used to be spiders but got replaced by the no-arachnids mod with other overpowered enemies that just take thousands of rounds of rifle ammo to take down.
No need for a no-arachnids mod; turning spiders into cats is an in-game "Arachnophobia" option.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Oxyclean posted:

Yeah, I absolutely refuse to use trucks for ferrying anything grid-critical. But in general I just find trucks too much of a hassle because the fuel requirement introduces a secondary headache of "what i need is not where I need it" and plopping down big long belt highways is easier and more reliable.
The answer to this issue is Factory Carts. Lots and lots of Factory Carts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

In Satisfactory, you'd probably set up Smart Splitters so that your 110 plates and 217 rods go to Factory B, and any backup on the line would feed your storages. Or you could fill your storages first, but know that your downstream factories might shut down for a bit if you pull stuff from storage.