Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Goddamn I just realized you can adjust conveyor pole height gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

manero posted:

How do you do this? Was I just not reading some part of the screen?

You have to be laying a post directly and when you click and hold you can move the mouse up and down and it goes with it.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

After exploring early on I found a hard drive and ran into the thing where after you research it if you try to claim its reward you just CTD so that kinda got the research table stuck for me.

Im also a bit unsure what to do with interior spaces, buildings are like three wall segments tall and conveyors don't rise too fast so it's hard to get vertical as much as things like the walkways and jump pads kind of make me think I should be. Also give me a perpendicular conveyor wall with brackets for two conveyors tia

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

I assume at some point they'll add stuff to actually do with copper. Honestly you kinda run out of stuff to automate in the alpha just because theres a lot that you could automate in e.g. factorio you can't here - buildings are done manually, a bunch of tools are done manually.

One interesting side effect here is that you're gong to need basic iron plates forever since you use it for buildings. So you can't just blindingly shove it all in the reinforced plate line or whatever.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

zxqv8 posted:

It's confusing because it states in the miner details that they produce slower or faster based on the purity of the node, and then they place a pure chunk on top but you can't put your miner on it.

Yeah my buddy and I started a game in the desert and all our ore nodes are pure and the t1 miners produce 120/min :stare:

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Taffer posted:

the only frustrating bug we've gotten is players leaving behind a body when they log out.

This is very frustrating

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Fishstick posted:

They could add throughput objectives as wel. Input x widgets / minute into the space elevator for 10 minutes to get next tier.

Yeah but without the time limit. It should be just general throughput requirements not count requirements

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

socialsecurity posted:

I don't quite get this, I mean the material can only exit the production facility/enter the truck station as fast as a belt can take it so how is a truck faster then a belt?

What he’s saying is belts can be faster because they’re parallelizable so in theory they’re always better but with trucks or trains or whatever the benefit is you don’t have to do insane parallel belting for literal kilometers.

One thing that factorio does for trains that hopefully satisfactory also does is parallel load/unload which in fact does make them more efficient than belts, period

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

socialsecurity posted:

So you what stack multiple truck stations where does the inputs on those come from? Like I belt my oil back to my base, it produces 240 minute out of the machine the belt can handle 450 minute how would a truck get that back to my base faster then the belt does?

So I’m comparing it to factorio where you can set up buildings alongside a train stop to (un)load the trains, because each train car has a certain length and you can add more cars. So you can have something like 8 belts flowing into or out of each of your N cars, and this is infinitely expandable by adding more cars, since that adds both more capacity and more load throughput to trains. Then you can have more trains running on a route etc etc. obviously you can’t do this with sf trucks, but what I’m saying is this is a thing other games have done and hopefully sf follows suit when adding trains

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Well part of it is that factorio maps are procgen and infinite but yeah it’s weird.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

DelphiAegis posted:

Bonus points to you if your factory/sky roads have proper "supports" though.

I kinda wish there was a game mechanic that would mandate this, the big unsupported ramps feel so.... minecraft

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Vasudus posted:

Every single time I think to myself "I'm going to map everything out like a real project. Scope, critical path, the works"

Every single time it ends up looking like a can of gently caress exploded.

Same but with my real projects

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Trucks loving suck to deal with and I skip them entirely