Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you
I agree with the OP about the proper spices and quantities working best - I've had aloo gobi a few times in mediocre restaurants and it always had lots of sauce and garam masala and so forth, and I liked it okay but it was just kind of generic Indian food. I cooked a version that just had small amounts of ginger/garlic paste, cumin seed, turmeric, coriander and green chiles, ate it with homemade chapatis and it blew my mind that potatoes and cauliflower could taste like that.

Also, I'm sick of garlic after stuffing myself with it for years. It may have something to do with the Korean-style pickled sweet garlic I made and then ate ten cloves of last week and then farted out death clouds continuously for eighteen hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU