Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
Man, it sure was nice of not!Char to ask for the protagonists to give up Drago. It's like my dad always said, you won't know for sure unless you ask. And given how Ace has acted so far... as we sure the Vexos are the bad guys? They clearly have superior fashion sense and manners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
So is there any real reason that Drago's supposed to be so special, aside from being the protagonist's bakugan? It just seems like if all bakugans are alive and Keith still cannot believe the big anime villain is named loving Keith has a bigger, stronger dragon, then Drago should be pretty irrelevant to their dumbass planet-killing plan.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

TwoPair posted:

So is there any real reason that Drago's supposed to be so special, aside from being the protagonist's bakugan? It just seems like if all bakugans are alive and Keith still cannot believe the big anime villain is named loving Keith has a bigger, stronger dragon, then Drago should be pretty irrelevant to their dumbass planet-killing plan.

So at the end of season 1, Drago absorbed the two Bakugan planet cores into his body in order to unite them into the Perfect Core, which restored balance to Vestroia and brought the six attribute worlds together. At the start of season 2, Drago has to separate from the core in order to help fight against the Vexos, but there's still plenty of the core energy left in him so he's considered highly valuable. Spectra wants to use this energy (and also the entire Earth's core) to make his Bakugan, Helios, the strongest Bakugan in the universe.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Beautiful :discourse:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TwoPair posted:

Technically the big anime villain is Spectra Phantom. Keith is just his real name.

From checking the enemy Vexos are Spectra Phantom, Shadow Prove, Mylene Pharaoh, Volt Luster, Lync Volan, and Gus Grav.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Apr 24, 2019

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

Technically the big anime villain is Spectra Phantom. Keith is just his real name.

"Keith honey, dinner's ready!"
"Moooon, I told you my name is Spectra Phantom now!"
"Your name will me M-U-D mud if you don't get your butt down here right now mister!"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

MonsterEnvy posted:

From checking the enemy Vexos are Spectra Phantom, Shadow Prove, Mylene Pharaoh, Volt Luster, Lync Volan, and Gus Grav.

Ha I love it, all these anime rear end names and then loving Gus.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

*snip*

EDIT: Oops, uploaded two versions with cut commentary, will re-render and have the proper uncut video up shortly!

ChorpSaway fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Apr 28, 2019

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

:siren: UPDATE TIME! :siren:

Today, it's time to start the final push for the Resistance! We've tracked down the Vexos headquarters to America, where they've set up the origin Crystal almost completed their path to the Core. Even without Drago, we can't give up the fight! There's no time to waste; let's brawl!

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
We think about maybe leaving the game for our proper universe for 5-10 seconds and silver hair guy takes it as proof that he was right all along and lectures us for ages. Mira actually goes through and betrays everyone, potentially dooming the planet, and all he says is she's "as reckless as ever".

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
As someone who lived in New York for most of their life, I can confirm that roadside collisions and a hostile alien takeover would be taken in stride.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Zagglezig posted:

We think about maybe leaving the game for our proper universe for 5-10 seconds and silver hair guy takes it as proof that he was right all along and lectures us for ages. Mira actually goes through and betrays everyone, potentially dooming the planet, and all he says is she's "as reckless as ever".

I know, right? I get that Bakugan is one of those "power of friendship" buddy anime so everybody's gonna be friends again anyway but everyone seems way too chill with Mira.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
If I remember right Mira backstabbed the good guys like twice in the actual series.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

:siren: UPDATE TIME! :siren:

Today, it's time for the final push against the Vexos! In the heart of New York, the Resistance has discovered where the Vexos base is located, as well as the origin point for all of the world's Vexos Crystals! Now that they're far into enemy turf, will our heroes be able to infiltrate the base and save the core in time? Find out on the penultimate episode of Let's Play Bakugan: Defenders of the Core!

Zagglezig posted:

Turns out Ace just hates foreigners. He made a huge stink about having humans in the Bakugan Resistance in the show.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I think I need some translation notes for all these regional stereotypes - I don't really speak American.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Gus is not very talkative.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Man gently caress the crystals your guys really need to focus on figuring out this teleportation technology and/or stopping these assholes from just leaving every time you beat one.

Also I don't know if the VA for Shadow is having a great time being doing such a wildly over the top voice or just hates this.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

ChorpSaway posted:

Turns out Ace just hates foreigners. He made a huge stink about having humans in the Bakugan Resistance in the show.

Wait Ace isn't human?

TwoPair posted:

Also I don't know if the VA for Shadow is having a great time being doing such a wildly over the top voice or just hates this.

Shadow is my favorite. He's like the one having fun with this whole thing, he's like Palpatine in the prequels.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Oh poo poo! I watched the poo poo out of bakugan back in the day. I watched all of the series. Bakugan is so stupid I love it.

drat, if I can ever join as a guest I’d love to talk bakugan. gently caress!

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

I also do appreciate that all of the Vexos have dumb edgy names but their leader is actually just Keith.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Wow, that sure was some bullshit game design.

"Let's give the enemy a shield of invulnerability."
"Should they have a cooldown for it?"
"Nah."

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

The Skeleton King posted:

I also do appreciate that all of the Vexos have dumb edgy names but their leader is actually just Keith.

Well he goes by Spectra when leading the Vexos, the real weirdo is Gus.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

:siren: FINAL UPDATE TIME! :siren:

It's time for the grand finale! We've finally entered the Vexos base, and the only thing standing in the way of the core is Spectra and his wily schemes. Can we fight back in this last confrontation to save Abyss and stop the Vexos, or will the core crumble in Spectra's bid for power, dooming the Earth and asserting the dominance of the Vexos? It's an all-out brawl to the end!

Thanks for watching! The next LP probably won't start for another month or so since my weekends are kinda packed, but look forward to the next project soon! Until next time, keep on brawling!

Shoeless posted:

Wait Ace isn't human?

Baron, Ace and Mira all come from the planet Vexos. They are effectively equivalent but still distinct from humans.

Shei-kun posted:

Wow, that sure was some bullshit game design.

"Let's give the enemy a shield of invulnerability."
"Should they have a cooldown for it?"
"Nah."

It teaches kids a valuable lesson that nothing in life is fair.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

ChorpSaway posted:

It teaches kids a valuable lesson that nothing in life is fair.

Gotta keep buying booster packs if you want the ultra rare overpowered orbs.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh for gently caress's sake, why are the rest of the Bakugan only talk at the last part of the game? And only one line for that matter!

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Thanks for the LP of this game, it reminded me of a lot of rather mediocre titles I got back when Blockbuster was a thing.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

ChorpSaway posted:

Baron, Ace and Mira all come from the planet Vexos. They are effectively equivalent but still distinct from humans.

So they don't tell you that in the game's main plot? Guess you probably have to read it in the item descriptions. This game is basically just Dark Souls when you think about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiefKatano
Aug 31, 2018

I swear, by my sword and capote, that I will once again prove victorious!!
I'm guessing most people who would buy this game are fans of Bakugan and thus would know about it already.