Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

My wife and I had a couple days on Oahu a few years back, here's the highlights:

Pearl Harbor monument/museum - this is really good. The monument itself is really worth going to regardless if you're into WW2 or not.
Diamond Head - start early, like dawn or earlier, if it's going to be hot and/or humid. Good hike, but got crowded fast, and I'm not sure if people were passing out because it was really, really humid and hot when we were there (hurricanes had been flinging themselves at the islands to divert away at the last minute, messing with the trade winds),
Drive around the island - took about half a day with various stops. We went counterclockwise, last road stop was Dole plantation which was ok. Got food truck fish, didn't die. Various overlooks, etc, if you took it slower you could splash around in beaches.
Shaved ice from some specific place on North Shore - I'm sure there's other places but this one was really popular, I think it had a Japanese name, line was ridiculous but went pretty quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU