Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

don Jaime posted:

Aoki’s > Matsumoto’s. Always. They get the syrup throughout the shave ice without leaving a flavorless core. Always choose Aoki’s. Get ice cream in the bottom.

It’s been a while since I was there, but consider:

Finding a street corner in Waikiki with an ABC store on all four corners.
Walk and wade Waikiki Beach at sunset.
Get a Korean bbq plate lunch at that place in the Royal Grove Hotel if it’s still there. (RIP Fatty’s behind the International Marketplace.)
Going to Ala Moana Poi Bowl to try poi. Spit it out and hide the rest. Then curse the mall for losing Patty’s Chinese Kitchen, Iida’s ceramics, Watamull’s aloha wear, and the Shirokiya department store.
Leonard’s for malasadas. Consider getting the filled ones.
Hanauma Bay for snorkeling very, very early or not at all.
The Blowhole. Looks for whales and Molokai while you’re there.
Little kid me still demands Sea Life Park but it’s probably a bad idea today.
Lanikai Beach is the best in the world. Not kidding.
Nuuanu Pali Lookout for the view, the wind, and the chickens laying eggs in trees.
The Byodoin Temple replica.
Roadside fruit stands.
Saimin shacks are largely gone, so stop at the Melanesian-looking McDonald’s in Mormon Laie and try theirs.
Go to a shrimp shack. Find one that has pani popo too.
Waimea Falls/Valley/Audubon Center/whatever is a nice garden hike.
Haleiwa has Aoki’s and some cute shops.
Dole whip at the plantation tourist trap.
Aloha Stadium flea market Wednesdays and Saturdays for all your souvenirs. Do not miss this.
Pearl has the Missouri, the Arizona memorial, the Bowfin (diesel sub), and I think some airplanes.
Wander Chinatown for food and leis and don’t miss Foster’s Botanical Garden. Wear Off! there.
The Bishop Museum is worth a look.
Take your photo with the Aloha Tower behind you.
Decide you never want to leave.
Never leave.
Leave your ashes at the Byodoin.

Thanks for this! Was very helpful while we were in Oahu for 5 days last week!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU