Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tiny dracula
Feb 26, 2004

For hiking, I really liked the Koko Crater Railway Trail. It's a relatively short but very steep hike along an abandoned railway track that ends with one of the most amazing views I've ever seen.

If you're into snorkeling, definitely don't miss Hanauma Bay. It had the biggest concentration of fish of anywhere I snorkeled on Oahu, and there's also often seals and turtles hanging out in the bay. Just be aware that its closed on Tuesdays, and you need to get there early in the day for a parking spot.

Overall, my favorite thing I did on Oahu was renting a little 50cc moped from Hawaiian Style rentals. I ended up cruising to Manoa Falls for a short jungle hike to the waterfall, and then back down past Waikiki and Diamond Head along the coast to Sandy's for a couple hours. I made some stops along the way for random viewpoints and some cliff jumping at China Wall as well. Amazingly fun way to see that part of the island, definitely recommend it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU