Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Wife and I stayed in Hau'ula for a week recently, multiple times we had the entire loving beach to ourselves. Waikiki is a trap.

We did manage to time our trip with a man-'o-war swell, though. Wife even got stung by one. Something for the scrapbook!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

If you're staying in Waikiki I recommend a sunset and/or booze cruise. Departure point should be pretty close to anywhere you stay. Also gotta do Diamond Head, won't need any actual hiking gear but if you're not conditioned could be a good workout.

If you wind up staying on North Shore I recommend a rental, it's a better way to get the local flavor. South shore is very, very urban but north shore is (as an O'ahu expat once told me) "real country" outside of Turtle Bay. Ted's Bakery is a must, as is Waimea Valley. In fact, even if you stay in Waikiki I strongly recommend the drive to Waimea Valley. Bring swimming gear to swim in the water hole.

Judgy Fucker fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Feb 2, 2023